websites in flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Toast

Fully Optimized
i know the basics of flash, but i would like to extend that knowledge to make nice animations for sites. Do you guys have any recommendations of what i can do? Like any good books, or sites for this kind of stuff. What in interested most is animations kinda like www.2advanced.com. Spinning stuff, or the logo breaking apart and flying in as lines forming the main text area or w/e its called. Im not looking to do all the complicated stuff on that site, thats out of my reach, but i gota start somewere :D

Thanks for any help.

That's a big subject, and I could go on for hours.

Probably your two best bets are your local bookstore, and Google. Do a search for "Flash tutorials" and "Flash ActionScript" and have a look at what turns up. You'll also want to go to Macromedia's website, as they have links to tutorials and such. (There is also a huge lump of great sample files that you can take apart and play with in your Flash directory on your computer.)

For your bookstore, get a good book on ActionScript (such as the Flash Bible) and then just poke around through the rest. ActionScript, in my experience, is a very easy language to use, but it's got a sharp learning curve and can be very confusing to get started with.

well considering i know java quite well, that should help. il check out macromedias site, and find what i can. Thanks

Im actually learning flash right now at my college and its ok, but I dont really like it so much. A project im working on right now that is due next week is to make a complete website using flash only and it has to be about a movie that is not yet released. But of course there are guide lines like we have to have "sexy" animated buttons, transitions from page to page, ambient sound, ambient animations and all sorts of other crap. We just started learning it the begging of May and now our project is due next week. Ive never touched flash, and im just now getting the feel for the program, but I dont know much at all about the actionscript side. Ive never done any coding before in my life so its all
chinese to me. But its seems like it would be a fun program to play with once your get the hang of it. Next months big project is where they put us into groups of 3 and we have to find a real client in the local area and make a web page for their business to really use. And of course it has to include PHP and MySQL which we are going to be learning at the same time. :(

I like Flash a lot, but for me, one of the biggest setbacks is that for some reason, ActionScript just doesn't jive with me at all. No matter what I read/follow/do, it just doesn't click. It frustrates me to no end! I have all kinds of great ideas, and I can see how they can be done, but the scripting just beats the crap out of my brain for some reason.

Oh well. We all have our square blocks and round holes. :D

HAHA, well to be honest, the more AS stuff i read, the easier it is! Reaosn is, i take a java class in school, and AS2 is like 90% same as java IMO. Looks very alike. So once u know the different algorythms for wa u wana do, and also, something that help ALOT is to make drawing for the steps of watu wana do. Thing is, i dunno were to find the kind of AS for the stuff i wana do. i bough a book thats pretty nice, im learning the basics. Ima buy a better one latter, and get to it over summer.

If u got any book recommendations, i would appreciate it. bout flash AS bible.. its a beast, no pics, kinda un user friendly, lol. But if its really good, i guess i can get it.

Well, the Bible series and books like it (such as my favorite, the "The Complete Reference" series from McGraw-Hill) aren't really meant for teaching you as much as they are for reference. Those things are vital when yer trying to find a definition of some little parameter or snipet of code.

ahh ok, well the reference in flash itself is pretty good already, and quik to find wa u need :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom