W.o.W

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
every time i play w.o.w blizzard allways downloads a patch or something and its like 1.1gb

why does my net downlaod it so slow?!!?!?!?

this is really annoying it takes like 9 hours to download 1.1gb

Well it depends on what your download speed is, and how busy the servers are...

447073087.png

well i guess that sucks =/

thing with download speeds is they are much higher then we need, i have had 10mbps connection found it to be uterly uselss stepped down to 7 and saves me 20$ a month. you will never download anything and cap your download mbs speed. everything is uploaded as such a slower rate. imo itl be another 10 years before we actually start downloading things from clients and websites at 10mps. rarely have i ever seen my download speed go over 1mps, and when i did was torrents or file planet when i was a suscriber.

lol ouch.

Though I am only paying for a 10Mbit connection.

thing with download speeds is they are much higher then we need, i have had 10mbps connection found it to be uterly uselss stepped down to 7 and saves me 20$ a month. you will never download anything and cap your download mbs speed. everything is uploaded as such a slower rate. imo itl be another 10 years before we actually start downloading things from clients and websites at 10mps. rarely have i ever seen my download speed go over 1mps, and when i did was torrents or file planet when i was a suscriber.

That's true for the most part. As far as game clients and a lot of the websites.
But it varies.
My ISP has my 10Mbit line capped at 1300KB/s and I hit it every time guaranteed whilst downloading from megaupload and/or rapidshare. They're PREMIUM servers are fast as heck. If I upgraded to the 17Mbit line I have no doubts that i'd break 2MB/s download.

BUT I'm LUCKY if I ever break the halfway mark in the case of game update servers (Like age of conan, caps me out at 920ish-KB/s, but only averages 300! So slow)

Basically, it's the game hosts slow upload speed that's your problem, not your download speed. If I download from megaupload, I can kill a gig in 12-15 min. Downloading from AoC or Blizzard (wow) on the other hand, takes hours.

As far as saying they're much higher than we need, is only half true. Depends how much you download from where. I download around 200 gigs a month from megaupload/rapidshare servers, so my speed is always capped out. In my case, I could stand Upgraded to a 17Mbit line.

you on the other hand, obviously don't use those services like I do, so can stand downgrading to save money, because you aren't utilizing your speed to its potential.
I do agree it'll be a long time before the vast majority of places cap out our connection potential though. Especially game servers. And it sucks lol.

Wow and I thought mine was pretty fast.

And alot of the problem is that Blizzard doesn't like Windows Firewall nor any of the bloatware anti-virus scanning programs/firewalls.

Pays to build your own PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom