vhs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
talldude123 said:
I thought it was called "Digital Video Disc".
It used to be. They changed it for one reason or another. Probably because they were being used for a lot more tha video.

Norcent said:
I have a 19 james bond vhs collection and wondered if the price value will go up if i keep them?

I am getting the 20 disk dvd collection of james bond and i was thinking about keeping both.

Will the price of the vhs go up?

Only to a james bond fanatic. Otherwise, it just best to throw them out of give to a freind.

Like I know a lot of people that have a rather large VHS collection of movies, tv series and anime. (I used to be one of these). They would like to get the DVD version, but they don't want to throw out the investment that they all ready put in to their collection.
I found myself giving away most of my VHS tapes to a freind that still is an active VHS tape watcher.

sony=beta-----------------lost
someone else=vhs-------won

sony=blu-ray--------------lost (possibly....)
someone else=hd dvd---won

yeah i was too young when beta was around. i forgot when it came out.

the only way i can think of to convert vhs to dvd, is to use a videocard with VIVO or a tv tuner with capture.

Most kids on this forum never used VHS, or anything else that uses a tape.

Betamax = JVC

There's also Video2000 (VCC); we used them a lot before we switched to VHS.

I also had a nice Sony Betamax VCR, but rarely used it. Everything was released on VHS over here.

Video2000 (VCC) = Philips/Grundig

quote:Originally posted by talldude123
I thought it was called "Digital Video Disc".

It used to be. They changed it for one reason or another. Probably because they were being used for a lot more tha video.

i don't recall it ever being called Digital Video Disc but i may be wrong. i was under the impression that "Digital Video Disc" was a misconception by the majority of people probably because of the DVD Video logo.

nitestick said:
i don't recall it ever being called Digital Video Disc but i may be wrong. i was under the impression that "Digital Video Disc" was a misconception by the majority of people probably because of the DVD Video logo.

You thought right. ;)

j369852147412 said:

the only way i can think of to convert vhs to dvd, is to use a videocard with VIVO or a tv tuner with capture.

well what you could do is spend about $100 for a nice and cheap dual deck which has a vhs and a dvd and to top it all of it well convert them over to a dvd. my parents did that since alot of the older shows they like are oh vhs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom