Verizon contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn

Fully Optimized
My contract with verizon is up, and im on a month to month plan now. My question is, do i have to be a new verizon customer to get the 2 yr contract prices? Or does it matter?

That is up to the Customer Service agent you deal with. Some will give you the new customer prices even though you are not while others will tell you that you are a exisiting customer and do not qualify.

You wouldn't get a new customer discount, you'd get an Upgrade discount as you already have an account with Verizon. I can check tomorrow when I go to work with somebody that does more Verizon activations than I do, but I'm almost 100% sure that you would not qualify for a "New customer" one, unless you tried to talk directly with Verizon and got them to make a deal with you.

You'll get the Upgrade discounts which is almost the same thing in my experience. That may have been because I worked at a store with a Verizon kiosk and hung out with the employees there a lot, though. Mine's up for Upgrade in April I think.

I've had verizon for over 10 years now and anytime i need a new phone i usually get a BETTER deal when i resign a contract than their new customer stuff.

I've had verizon for over 10 years now and anytime i need a new phone i usually get a BETTER deal when i resign a contract than their new customer stuff.

Exactly what happened when my phone was stolen from my car (f#@$), I went over to verizon with the idea to buy a smart phone. Being as I renewed my contract with them for another 2 years, they discounted one of the phones I wanted and bought in the store, told me to bring it back after I sent in the rebate and exchange for the palm with the updated os.

I was to lazy to do either and walked out with a ton of stuff i didn't need but, whatever. I found that verizon will discount on how much you spend on the phone then anything.

This reminds me, i need to replace my razer. Battery wont hold a charge for crap. Its like 3 years old, any suggestions on a good phone?

Kinda depends on what you want, Veedub. Just a phone, or one with media capabilities? If you'd rather stick with Moto, there's always the Razer2.

Well i just got a new vx6800 for my work phone so i dont really need anything special. Just something that makes and recieves calls.

VX5500 will be out soon (don't compare it to the VX5400...we got a dummy 5500 in down at where I work and it looks much better than the 5400 ever did). That'll be a good basic phone for when it releases (we can't even buy it yet). Moto W755 is a good option as well. My friend has one, and he likes his. I have a Chocolate 3 (VX8560) and love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom