Fallout 2
Imperium Galactica 2
Deathtrack
M1 Tank Platoon
B-17 Flying Fortress
Alpha Centauri
Battlefield 2142
Alien Swarm
Star Wars Galaxies (No, The Old Republic does not count)

I'd say Freelancer/Privateer but it looks like Star Citizen will be all that and more.

Ohhh! Just thought of one that would be perfect for this. The Fatal Frame games. I tried to get into those a couple of years ago and they were definitely creepy. The controls were really clunky though and the graphics haven't aged well to say the least. Still a fun game.

Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing...

Ie17FZ6.gif

Yea it's all too different. COuldn't really get into Firered either.

Speaking of Fire Red, In my random boredom I dug out my old GBA and Fire Red and am working on doing that Nuzlocke challenge. It's actually kind of fun and gives some great replayability, as well as a true challenge.

For anyone who doesn't know, apparently there's this popular thing going around with all the old Pokemon games called Nuzlock that greatly enhances the difficulty of the game by limiting the Pokemon that you can catch; the only thing is that you have to police yourself because there's no actual "game mode" for something like this, it's just fan made.

The rules are:

1.) If one of your Pokemon faints, it's considered dead. You can never use it again, and you must release it into the wild the next time you visit a Pokemon Center. And yes, this applies to your starter Pokemon as well, so be careful.

2.) You can only catch the first Pokemon you encounter in a specific area, per area. In other words, if I'm on Route 1 and the first wild Pokemon I come across is a Pidgey, I get one shot at it. If I catch it, it's mine. If not, tough luck Same deal if you run away from the first encounter - that's basically forfeiting your only chance in that spot. Once you come across your first random encounter, you cannot catch any new ones there ever again.

3.) Gifted Pokemon do not count toward rule #2. In other words, because your starter Pokemon is a gift in Pallet Town, you can still fish in the pond and catch a water Pokemon in Pallet Town. However, again, as soon as something is on the hook rule #2 goes into effect. The same thing applies to others, such as Eevee, etc.

4.) If you come across a Pokemon you already own, you are allowed to catch the next one. For example, say the first Pokemon I encountered on Route 1 was a Pidgey and I caught it. Now, if I go to Route 2 and the first wild Pokemon is also a Pidgey, I am allowed to run away, kill it, whatever I want, I just can't catch it. The next "new" Pokemon counts and applies to rule #2. So in other words, if I have a Pidgey from Route 1, encounter a Pidgey as my first in Route 2, kill it, then encounter a Rattata on Route 2, Rattata is the only Pokemon I am allowed to catch.

5.) If a pokemon you caught dies, you can't go back and catch another one. Again, using the Pidgey example, if my Route 1 Pidgey dies, I can't go back to Route 1 and catch another. Simply put, you get one shot at a new Pokemon per territory, and that's it.

6.) This doesn't affect difficulty, but the general consensus is that you have to nickname all of your Pokemon. The reasoning behind it is because between the nicknames and the fact that you are limited to a certain amount of Pokemon, you'll end up using ones that you probably normally never would and grow attached to them more, making it tough when one of them goes down.

7.) You can have more than 6 Pokemon as long as it's in check with the rules. Let's say I have a Charmander, Pidgey, Rattata, Diglett, Weedle, and Pikachu, but then I come across an Onyx as my first random encounter in a new area. I am allowed to catch the Onyx and can swap him with Weedle or whomever I want anytime. The extra Pokemon just sit in the PC (or with the old guy that levels them up for money) until you want to use them.

8.) You can't catch a Pokemon in the grass in a certain area and then go and fish for another one in the same area. It's either / or, so choose carefully because you only get one shot in each area of the game.

9.) The Safari Zone counts as one giant zone. It doesn't matter what part of the Safari Zone you are in, the first Pokemon you encounter is the only one you can attempt to catch there.

10.) You are allowed to catch an evolved version of a Pokemon as long as you've never owned it before. In other words, if my Pidgey dies before it evolves into Pidgeotto, I am allowed to catch Pidgeotto if it's the first new Pokemon I encounter in a new area. However, if I have a Pidgey alive and encounter a Pidgeotto, I cannot catch it and must attempt to catch the next available Pokemon.

If at any time your last available Pokemon dies, you lose and must start a brand new game if you wish to try again.

TL;DR Version: If a pokemon dies you have to release it. You can only catch one Pokemon per area, and it must be the first one that you encounter. If you screw it up then you lost your only shot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom