Donkey kong
Food fight
Marble madness
Dragons lair
Far cry 3
Batman aa
Zelda pick a couple
Kingdom hearts 1 and 2

Like others, these numbers are just going to keep track of how many games I've listed. This is NOT a ranking. Except for #1. Likewise, these are my favorites, not a list of the games I think are somehow empirically best. This is just stuff I love.

1. Wasteland - Seriously. This game pretty much upended gaming when it came out. It was one of the first CRPGs not to involve swords and sorcery. It was great then and it's still great now, and you can probably find it on an abandonware site, if you can't get it from GOG or as part of a collection. URABUTLN FTW.

2. Fallout
3. Fallout 2
4. Fallout 3
5. Ultima 4: Quest Of The Avatar
6. Bard's Tale
7. Starcraft
8. Pool Of Radiance
9. Worlds Of Ultima: Martian Dreams (Last I checked, this was free on GOG and ANY system can run it)
10. Minecraft
11. Mass Effect
12. Mass Effect 2
13. Borderlands
14. MechWarrior
15. Skyrim
16. Red Dead Redemption
17. Diablo
18. Dark Souls
19. Civilization
20. Dungeon Keeper
21. Uncharted 2
22. Uncharted 3
23. Left 4 Dead 2 (includes L4D as part of recent DLC)
24. Bioshock
25. Pirates

Top Ten Series:

1. Wasteland/Fallout
2. Mass Effect
3. Forza Motorsport (excluding Forza Horizon)
4. Bard's Tale
5. Borderlands
6. Uncharted
7. Skate
8. Assassin's Creed (excluding the first one)
9. SSI's D&D Games
10. Ultima (inc. Worlds Of Ultima)

Disclaimer: This list is subject to change without notice depending on how I feel that day. I may have also inadvertently forgotten some games.

My list, in no particular order (numbered just so I won't have to count them later to make 25). I'm probably dating myself a bit with some of these, but oh well. Someone's got to put some old games on here.

5. Wasteland

Singling this poster out for recognition. Old school CRPGs REPRESENT.

You know, I was about to pick up the Bard's Tale a few years back and never did. It looked really cool.

Side note: I can honestly say that when I started Fallout 3, I was more excited to play it than any other game I can remember and it did not disappoint.

You know, I was about to pick up the Bard's Tale a few years back and never did. It looked really cool.

Side note: I can honestly say that when I started Fallout 3, I was more excited to play it than any other game I can remember and it did not disappoint.

I'm pretty sure there was a version released in the last few years, but that's the one you DON'T want. You want the original Bard's Tale, described here:

The Bard's Tale (1985 video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is the one you DO NOT WANT:

The Bard's Tale (2004 video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I really don't have time to type out huge lists so I'm going to say top 5 series and top 5 games

Series
1. Final Fantasy. No matter how much an individual game may suck, I love the creativity and attention to detail that go into these games. Above and beyond any other series.
2. Forza. Gran Tursimo got me hooked on racing sims years ago, but Forza is the game I can pick up and play for hours and enjoy every second.
3. Mario. I love a Mario release on any platform. If Nintendo came out and said their next blockbuster Mario title was on PS3, I would go out and buy a PS3.
4. Portal. What do you even say about Portal? It's the best there is.
5. Need For Speed. Probably one of the worst series as far as continuity in the "stories" and consistency in the development, but I've played every one of them and I always look forward to the next one no matter how bad the previous title was.

Games
1. Forza 4. There are "better" games out there, but personally I have logged more hours playing this game than any other and it never ever ever gets old to me.
2. Sims 3. The customization of objects in the Sims 3 makes is less of a game to me and more of a building program. I build the houses and then I decorate them and then I quit the game. It's still a game though, and I still play it often.
3. Star Fox 64. The only N64 title that I can sit down and play to completion and still feel like I could play it again.
4. Sonic Generations. With this game, suddenly all the crappy Sonic titles made sense. It's the perfect translation for anyone who was a purist and only played sonic on the Genesis. I feel like I'm 8 years old again every time I play it.
5. Mass Effect 2, and I say 2 because I haven't played 3. It didn't land in my series because the first one was pretty awful.

who does top 25 lists anymore? here are my top 794 games of all time

Starting with number 794 Gorf
793. Wizard or Wor
792. Mass Effect
791. Mass Effect 3
790. Darkwatch

to be continue.....

I really don't have time to type out huge lists so I'm going to say top 5 series and top 5 games

Series
1. Final Fantasy. No matter how much an individual game may suck, I love the creativity and attention to detail that go into these games. Above and beyond any other series.
2. Forza. Gran Tursimo got me hooked on racing sims years ago, but Forza is the game I can pick up and play for hours and enjoy every second.
3. Mario. I love a Mario release on any platform. If Nintendo came out and said their next blockbuster Mario title was on PS3, I would go out and buy a PS3.
4. Portal. What do you even say about Portal? It's the best there is.
5. Need For Speed. Probably one of the worst series as far as continuity in the "stories" and consistency in the development, but I've played every one of them and I always look forward to the next one no matter how bad the previous title was.

Games
1. Forza 4. There are "better" games out there, but personally I have logged more hours playing this game than any other and it never ever ever gets old to me.
2. Sims 3. The customization of objects in the Sims 3 makes is less of a game to me and more of a building program. I build the houses and then I decorate them and then I quit the game. It's still a game though, and I still play it often.
3. Star Fox 64. The only N64 title that I can sit down and play to completion and still feel like I could play it again.
4. Sonic Generations. With this game, suddenly all the crappy Sonic titles made sense. It's the perfect translation for anyone who was a purist and only played sonic on the Genesis. I feel like I'm 8 years old again every time I play it.
5. Mass Effect 2, and I say 2 because I haven't played 3. It didn't land in my series because the first one was pretty awful.

What did you think about the new Most Wanted? I thought it was ok, but did not deserve the 9 ratings it got.

Also, the 2nd Mass Effect is the best in the series in my opinion. Mainly because of the fact that the 3rd one wasnt as much of an improvement as the 2nd one was over the 1st. I also thought that the story in the 2nd was more intriguing.

Back
Top Bottom