The Story of Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah thx sweet, and the computer part is so true, they claim to be making advances in technology with every new computer part but its all just a marketing scam especially video cards

ah thx sweet, and the computer part is so true, they claim to be making advances in technology with every new computer part but its all just a marketing scam especially video cards
They're not making much new. just faster versions of the same thing.

And then, more Windows OS's come out which do the same thing, but slower.

I laughed so hard when i heard her talk about... get this right.. OPENING A COMPUTER. Seriously, she was talking like she was the first one to do this or something. "SO I ACTUALLY OPENED IT UP!".

And i dont think that thing is true about u have to throw away the pc. I mean, i think she was talking about the video card, maybe the cpu. But Intel has stuck with an LGA775 for a while now and there have only been 3 video card ports in the entire (within reason) history of computers.

I laughed so hard when i heard her talk about... get this right.. OPENING A COMPUTER. Seriously, she was talking like she was the first one to do this or something. "SO I ACTUALLY OPENED IT UP!".

And i dont think that thing is true about u have to throw away the pc. I mean, i think she was talking about the video card, maybe the cpu. But Intel has stuck with an LGA775 for a while now and there have only been 3 video card ports in the entire (within reason) history of computers.

I actually cringed when she said she that too. I was like, "she's going to think it's all a big sham isn't she?".... "it's just one tiny piece in the corner!" HAHAHA

I think she was referring to the CPU socket.

I applaud Intel for keeping the LGA775 for so long too. Performance is still increasing at an accelerated rate. I can actually upgrade my system of 2 years and still be in high performance.

What got me though about this video is how "we don't really buy" the stuff we buy, that's why it's so cheap. The stuff we buy for the most part is a drawn-out form of theft.

EDIT: Is this why stores I despise like Hollister and everything so expensive? Or are they just cultural jerks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom