Team Fortress 2 Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenenbaum

In Runtime
Team Fortress 2 is freezing on loading screen, google didn't bring back any results that I can find were for this particular issue.

Pretty much, I open steam, launch the game, and it says "Loading" at the bottom right, and nothing will happen, forever.
I can't ALT+TAB, I can't CTRL+ESC, I can't CTRL+ALT+DELETE, I can't even ALT+Enter, I can't even CTRL+ALT+DELETE+Win+L to log off.

Nothing works but hitting the restart button on my computer.

Any idea on fixing this?

Questions you might ask :
Has the game worked before? Yes.
Have you tried re-installing the game? No. Because if I uninstall and reinstall, I have to re-download, and in this case, thats not a option at the moment, took days to download this. (At least I think so)
Are you using steam? Yes.

If you're playing it on the rig in your signature then that's probably your problem.

System Requirements

Minimum: 1.7 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX® 8 level Graphics Card, Windows® Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection
Recommended: Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better), 1GB RAM, DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card, Windows® Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

If you're playing it on the rig in your signature then that's probably your problem.

System Requirements

Minimum: 1.7 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX® 8 level Graphics Card, Windows® Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection
Recommended: Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better), 1GB RAM, DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card, Windows® Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Nah haha, Q6600 @ 3.0 GHZ + 4850, 4gb pi blacks, etc etc

lol...that's good then! The only suggestions I would have would be to make sure your drivers are all updated and reinstall the game. Maybe make sure your firewall or AV software isn't blocking the program.

All I can say is that definitely it's not the last update because I have a relatively similar system and I've played 20 odd hours in the last week, everything is OK. I'd check GPU drivers first, but as suggested AV/Firewall could also be playing you.

Me being as dumb as I am, I didn't try this yet, but I just did, and it worked.

Disabled my Comodo Firewall, haha.

There ya go! Yea, firewall issues can be nasty with online games like that. What's your Steam name/ID? I'll add you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom