stocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzi9mm

Fully Optimized
I want to get into the stock market.

I have about 300 dollars to invest.
Which trading site should I go thru and and any additional info?

Not enough. You need at least $500 minimum to get an account with the #1 online trading brokerage "Scottrade". I recommend them. No hidden fees. Open up an Individual Account like I did. Great service, easy to use website, and real time ticker. You can also open RothIRA to link with your stock options if you choose to. Just remember that you won't be able to take money out until you retire :p.

sign up at investopedia.com and do their stock simulator for a couple months before you decide to invest in stocks. it's a very complex market out there....

don't worry, you still have at least 3 or 4 months of a slightly recessed market to get in while it's low....especially tech stocks

I regret not buying AMD when they were @ 6.00, too bad. I don't know what the rumor is in regards to IBM buying out AMD, but it's a weird because IBM was always about services and not hardware. Maybe they were once into hardware, but they changed their marketing strategy.

Which trading site should I go thru and and any additional info?

Go to MotleyFools.com, that's a great site for investing tips and tricks. I would recommend you read anything you can find by investing geniuses Peter Lynch and/or Benjamin Graham before starting, just to get a general idea of what you're doing. Also, any of the Motley Fools books would be good. Marketwatch.com also has a good simulator called the Virtual Stock Exchange. Like Corolla said, a RothIRA is a good way to go, as well as an index fund. That lets you invest in a whole ton of companies without having to research or pick stocks yourself. That's the way to go unless you think you can beat the market average year-to-year. Ameritrade, Fidelity and eTrade are also good online brokerages to check out. Choose your stocks wisely and then stick with them for the long haul. Good luck and remember: Reinvest, reinvest, reinvest. That's the key to making money in the market. ;)

economy is down right now, it's gonna get worse in 2 years. Good luck, i'm pulling all my mutual funds out as soon as possible.

i dont believe this is true. we are just in a slump because the market stuttered and investors panicked (no offense) and pulled their funds out prematurely (which is often the case). i'd suggest weathering it. the economy will be booming again in less than a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom