STARGATE UNIVERSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FTL drive used by the Destiny is probably a very old form of FTL, and thus slow. Perhaps it's what they had before hyperspace FTL drives, which Earth skipped because we got ours from the Asgard. And Rush said that the Destiny is moving FTL, yet not through hyperspace.

So far it's good methinks. Not very original, but that doesn't mean it's bad. Seems like it's going to be a lot grittier than shows like Voyager or Lost in Space, judging by the plot synopses for future episodes on Wikipedia.

Anyway so far Rush seems my favourite char. Seems to be a lot less arrogant than McKay, he seems to have the wisdom which age brings.

One thing I don't like is the introduction of the 'battlestar' camera, i.e. space battle scenes where the camera is flying every direction and zooming in/out for some random reason, though that only happened when you saw the Hat'ak and Daedalus fighting. I do like the detail of the Destiny though, CGI-wise; the corridors look fairly bland tho.

Yes it was those 4 Luke. Asgard, Ancient, Nox and Furlings. The Nox were only in 1 episode as were the Furlings.

The thing with the Replicators, they were at war with the Asgard from the start. At least from what we know. They were created to fight the Wraith, but ended up against the Asgard. As when we first meet Thor he talks of the battles that the Asgard are having against the Replicators.

So we do know that somewhere in between the Ancients creating them (as we find out later in Atlantis) and the time we hear of them in SG1 we can only know that they were trying to gain access to the Asgard knowledge and technology the whole time. Maybe the Asgard were able to fend them off for all that time, who knows. But that is the only thing we can really deduce given the information we know of the Replicators from SG1/Atlantis.

I believe the nox were in three episode actually. The initial encounter, when apophis and sg1 were looking for the bug that could turn itself invisible (which turned out to be the nox doing that). I cant remember the name of this race, but the ones found on the volcano planet, the nox came threw the gate and brought them to their planet, and finally the episode where scara was on trial. The furlings were never in an episode, other the then joke ep where it wasn't actually the furlings (i think it was called 200) they were never encountered by sg1...but some of their tech was found in paradise lost ep.

As for the replicators, those are not the same brand as from SGA, they have mutated, or something from there on. Which does not really make sense because that robot supposedly just created them, and the robot said that humans created her, not other robots. So i think these are an entirely different thing. I don't think they have a connection, but they could There is also a few other discrepancies, the replicators were created in the pegasus galaxy, not in the milkyway or the asguard galaxy, so why would they be fighting them. Also, the replicators built tech identical to the ancients.

About the ftl drives. I see that being mentioned about what the form of drive is on destiny. But on SGA the hyper drives on ships are some times revered to as FTL drive. So that makes no sense. Even on the Daedalus, Caldwell called the drive that once, maybe more, but that is the only time i can think of him saying that. By my understanding, the drive on destiny is a basic engine that is capable of accelerating past the speed of light, much faster then it. But still not in hyper space. So it is not a hyperdrive. So they keep calling it an FTL drive when that does not mean the same thing in SGA...

You maybe right about the Nox. I dont quite remember all of the early seasons that well. I should watch them again....

The Furlings were a joke in the 200th episode which was the clip show for the movie. I do remember that. I thought they were in another episode...maybe they were just missed by SG1 or something i dont remember anymore. Time to go back and watch them.

Sort of necropost sorry, but still the same topic:
Have you all been watching it up to now? Five episodes on, I think the series has picked up a bit. I liked the Time episode.

Sort of necropost sorry, but still the same topic:
Have you all been watching it up to now? Five episodes on, I think the series has picked up a bit. I liked the Time episode.

I am going to wait until the mid season break and I might watch it.
So far, I have seen the first 3 episodes and I was not impressed. Reason being is that I don't like any of the characters.
That that make is double for Justin Louis character (Everett Young) after seeing him what he plays in Durham County

^yeah i don't really like any of the characters either... it is not like sg1 and Atlantis. In sg-1 i liked Daniel and O'Neill. In Atlantis i liked Becket and McKay.

I am enjoying it quite well, although the last episode I have watched was the episode where the water reserves was getting short due to another life form, that helped them out at first...

I guess later, depending on how work is, I may just stream the shows and watch it here at work.

^yeah i don't really like any of the characters either... it is not like sg1 and Atlantis. In sg-1 i liked Daniel and O'Neill. In Atlantis i liked Becket and McKay.

That the complaints that I am getting from a lot of people about SG:U.
And watch a few episodes of Durham County and you will see why i don't like Justin Louis (plays Everett Young)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom