Starcraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it still popular online? I found my CD a few days ago and still remember most of my old strategies and am thinking about getting back into the game a bit if people still play it competetively

man it was such a good game

Same here. I'm a fan of the game and I play it a decent amount when I'm on campus, but I've always been kind of scrubby. Whether I just suck or if it's from mainly just playing against my same group of friends I'm not sure, haha.

As far as it being popular online, I haven't played for a few months since I started summer break, but I never had trouble finding matches on the U.S. East server. Obviously there aren't as many people online as there are for some of the newer RTS titles, but you still shouldn't have too much trouble finding matches.

Not sure about online play now days. But I have never hosted a Lan Party where Star Craft was not playied.

I have noticed that Star Craft is still being playied in LAN Cafes in the city where as other games have come and gone.

Blizzard being the lords of vaporware have been talking about a Star Craft Ghost with a console 3rd person game.
There is talk about StarCraft 2 with the WCIII engine where they are bringing in 2 new races.
And if Blizzard does Galaxy Of StarCraft MMORPG, (rumor of that being developed after WOW Burning Crusade Expansion) I will drop my WOW account in an instant.

gaara said:
Is it still popular online? I found my CD a few days ago and still remember most of my old strategies and am thinking about getting back into the game a bit if people still play it competetively

man it was such a good game

Believe or not the game still very popular in fact Blizzard is announcing a competition called "Starcraft Sandlot tournament"

You can check it out here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom