Sony gets owned

Yes, that's true but we are talking about peoples SS numbers and medical history. I'd like to know why Sony has the employees med histories on a file at their corp offices. Seems like a violation of the HIPPA law

Yes, that's true but we are talking about peoples SS numbers and medical history. I'd like to know why Sony has the employees med histories on a file at their corp offices. Seems like a violation of the HIPPA law

Believe it or not, a lot of companies do just so they can avoid workers compensation laws if at all possible.

Medical history? I didn't read anything about that other than "personal information". Companies do store SS though. Most every place will scan your SS card and license for file keeping. Lockheed wanted those two and my birth certificate to prove I'm a US citizen. As to Sony, aren't we talking Japan here? I don't think our laws affect them much.

yep, I almost didn't get hired because of that. Didn't have a real copy of my birth certificate (made a scan) and they almost didn't accept it :tongue: scary after driving 1500 miles

They supposed to check your SS and birth cert to make sure your not an illegal alien. Legally they are not supposed to hire illegal aliens (ya....right)

Back
Top Bottom