So my school district made it into the news...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The threat of it, Yami, not actually taking it. However, if you break into my house you just took your life into your own hands. I don't know how you in the UK feel about it, but over here that's a line that you just don't cross. I don't care if I use a gun, a bat, a frying pan, or my own hands, but I will do whatever I can to make sure you leave in a body bag. I guess its the independence in our blood or something.

All police are armed here. locally they carry 9mm for the most part (I think). They carry riot guns in the vehicle if they need them. I have no problem with this at all. If I break the law I know that I will be facing at least two gun barrels and I would do exactly as I am told by the officers.

The threat of it, Yami, not actually taking it. However, if you break into my house you just took your life into your own hands. I don't know how you in the UK feel about it, but over here that's a line that you just don't cross. I don't care if I use a gun, a bat, a frying pan, or my own hands, but I will do whatever I can to make sure you leave in a body bag. I guess its the independence in our blood or something.

I see your point, though to me that sounds like you place too much value on your property or what you own. In a primal, territorial sort of way, if you know what I mean.
I think I'm fairly unique in my thoughts on ownership. I'd be all for communism if it actually worked :p

You know, I think I'd be a vegetarian if I didn't like meat so much :p

I see your point, though to me that sounds like you place too much value on your property or what you own. In a primal, territorial sort of way, if you know what I mean.

He's not talking about the value of his property, he's talking about the threat of a potentially armed unknown person breaking into his house.

Ah, that makes more sense now :)

And on a slightly related note, I can't help but wonder what the world would be like if everyone had Bioshock plasmids instead of today's conventional weapons. "Gimme the mon-AAHHH BEES", replacing BEES with whatever.

rarely is someone doing a bne not armed with something. and if your not armed, theyll rape you/ kill you with stuff they find.

Wait so why is taking the life of another person worth the value of whatever property they might take? I mean if they threaten to kill you then I could understand but I don't see why a life = a TV, for example.

Edit: You can probably see I'm not used to in-depth convos like this :p

Hmm, I'm used to seeing armed police like this around my town, especially around school (my school neighbours directly onto another and there's a lot of violent rivalry between us). Never really thought about it being any other way :p

Just a couple weeks ago my mum was in an accident, police had to come and get insurance info, one of them were armed.

The armed police at airports are part of the DPG and have been issued with a heavier set of fire power available to them without having to ask to deploy it. Normally the armed response police have there side arm on there belt and to deploy a rifle or SMG the have to radio through to the control centre and ask for permission unless some one's life is under imediate threat.

Your mum was probably lucky to have a armed officer show up who was in the locality as they are police first armed police second.

As I said before mate the outlaws don't buy guns legally, in the UK most of the police are not armed and the average response time for a armed response team is about 20min.

Not only that but there are several documented cases where a person's house was broken into and the cops never came. There was a court case about it some time ago and it was decided that the cops didn't necessarily have to answer the distress call.

Why rely on the cops that may take minutes to respond when my S&W is within arms reach.

If some one breaks into my place I have no problem with slotting them, **** the other week didn't know my sisters BF was staying over I heard a noise downstairs at 3am of a door opening knowing that every one was asleep I took my side arm an went downstairs Sisters BF just avoided a nasty case of lead poisoning.

Hurray for the 2nd Second Amendment.
Call me commy scum, but I am glad i live in a country with tight gun laws.
You are completely clueless...I don't blame you , I blame the left-wing media. Almost all gun owners are sane , law-abiding people. Some of the warmest , most caring people I know are gun-buffs. It's all those retarded kids , gangsters , hoodlems who get their guns illegally that are killing and terrorizing our communities. If you make guns illegal , then we can't protect ourselves from all the a-holes who attain them illegally. All you kids will eventually see what can and will happen to our country when Obama and other "extreme democrats" take away our rights.
Do a little research...go to NRA website , READ!!!!!:cool:\
oH , YEAH , IF THERE ARE ANY COLLEGE PROFFESSORS READING THIS....PLEASE STOP PUSHING YOUR LEFTIST POLITICAL BELIEFS ON STUDENTS!!! IT'S WRONG AND U KNOW IT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom