Women.

Most exercise helps build muscle more than it does get rid of fat - I think the best advice these days is to try adjusting what you're eating/drinking first. If you haven't before, try keeping a quick inventory of what you *actually* eat/drink for a week and see what your diet consists of

Also, going from 0 to 100 is what puts people off keeping to an exercise regime. If you want to start, start small. But key is to keep it up every damn day. EVERY DAMN DAY. Even just 5 pushups a day to start with is better than 0. 35 pushups a week will make a noticeable physical difference within a couple months, guaranteed.

When you get to the point that you've done 5 pushups for the day and feel like you could do a 6th or 7th, do it! And make the new goal 7 pushups per day. Then 9. Then 12. Just make sure you do it *slowly*. No rushing. It's gonna take time. Also no giving up after a few days!

Most exercise helps build muscle more than it does get rid of fat - I think the best advice these days is to try adjusting what you're eating/drinking first. If you haven't before, try keeping a quick inventory of what you *actually* eat/drink for a week and see what your diet consists of

Also, going from 0 to 100 is what puts people off keeping to an exercise regime. If you want to start, start small. But key is to keep it up every damn day. EVERY DAMN DAY. Even just 5 pushups a day to start with is better than 0. 35 pushups a week will make a noticeable physical difference within a couple months, guaranteed.

When you get to the point that you've done 5 pushups for the day and feel like you could do a 6th or 7th, do it! And make the new goal 7 pushups per day. Then 9. Then 12. Just make sure you do it *slowly*. No rushing. It's gonna take time. Also no giving up after a few days!

:lol: I'm too heavy to do just one pushup :lol:

I used MyFitnessPal when I diet, and it works great. But everything I see online says after a few months of dieting your body gets used to the lower calorie diet, and you stop feeling so hungry and lathargic. Well when I went from 244lb to 202lb over the course of 4 months, I still had hunger pangs as strong 4 months later as I did in week one of my diet. Same again for the 2nd time I dieted and lost 20lb or so. It just feels like my stomach is naturally huge (I can eat huge portions of food) and doesn't shrink :\ It's very, very, very hard to stay on a diet when you are feeling hungry 80% of every day. To make it harder I hate pretty much all veg, so reducing calories when pretty much all vegetables are off the table makes it even harder still. I can't just sit their munching carrots and celerary when I get hungry :(

I don't own a single piece of clothing that's worth more than $30 by itself (except for 1 coat). Doesn't really cost a ton to dress nicely :grin: all I really meant is just not dress daggy. Old tracksuit pants with a stretched shirt and a hoodie may be *really* comfy, but they fail to give the right impression - that impression being hey, this person has considered their appearance and made an effort to present themselves cleanly and well.

And yeah losing weight is hard :/ I was never fat but got a bit of a beer belly at one point, and even that was hard to shed :p really though it's just 1 in a line of many commitments that *will* be hard to keep up. I don't know what your greatest motivator is, but you need to find some way to harness what you care about to get through the difficult parts.

Anyway, I'll stop being an armchair preacher lol, easy to type all this ****, less easy to put into practice every day. But I'll say, it's the only thing keeping me alive at this point. I wish so damn often that I was dead. I wish I wish I wish. But it'd hurt my family an unbelievable amount, so even though it's ****ing hard and I ****ing hate this, I'm keepin on for now. Put down that donut and we can suffer together :p hopefully towards a more content future where we come out on top of the hard ****

Yeah I guess. Though I do like decent clothing brands. Biggest motivator ? well last time I did it I gained half an inch in dick size from loss of groin fat :lol: :lol: :lol: feltgudman

Last edited:
:lol: I'm too heavy to do just one pushup :lol:

I used MyFitnessPal when I diet, and it works great. But everything I see online says after a few months of dieting your body gets used to the lower calorie diet, and you stop feeling so hungry and lathargic. Well when I went from 244lb to 202lb over the course of 4 months, I still had hunger pangs as strong 4 months later as I did in week one of my diet. Same again for the 2nd time I dieted and lost 20lb or so. It just feels like my stomach is naturally huge (I can eat huge portions of food) and doesn't shrink :\ It's very, very, very hard to stay on a diet when you are feeling hungry 80% of every day. To make it harder I hate pretty much all veg, so reducing calories when pretty much all vegetables are off the table makes it even harder still. I can't just sit their munching carrots and celerary when I get hungry :(

Not sure if you remember him, but nitestick used to be 240lb as well. He took up cycling and is now *disturbingly* skinny :grin:
Also re veg, maybe you haven't had it cooked very well yet. Properly seasoned and sauced they can be ****ing amazing. I know my parents' approach was just to steam the *** out of everything and serve it as is. Nasty stuff :p

And re pushups, do em girl style first if you can't do a full one (on your knees instead of your toes). Won't get any better till you start :p

Back
Top Bottom