So my school district made it into the news...

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
After school I got on the bus (middle schoolers and high schoolers ride the same bus) I had to sit with a middle schooler and he told me that a kid brought a gun into school today... Luckily (for me) the kid was in middle school and not high school, apparntly he brought a loaded 9mm gun into school and was terrorizing people with it. Pretty scary considering the kid was 14.

here is the link to the story: WGME 13 News Story Detail

Hurray for the 2nd Second Amendment.
Call me commy scum, but I am glad i live in a country with tight gun laws.

if you want a gun you'll get a gun..no matter what the law is. See...this is why gun laws are useless, even if it's illegal the bad guys will still get them :|

They are not useless.

Imagine if anyone could get a gun at any point ? People could use them without thinking just because they are angry, schizoprhenics could get hold of them and use them when they change personality without ever knowing. Drunk men could arrive home from the pub, have a row with there wife and shoot them because they are just so drunk.

They don't put laws in place without needing them in the first place, there was obviously a point in time where there was no gun laws, and many murders happened because of it.

Guns need to be hard to get hold of to protect people.

We're not here to debate gun laws, people. Please stick with the original topic. If we get back into gun laws and politics I'm locking this thread.

They are not useless.

Imagine if anyone could get a gun at any point ? People could use them without thinking just because they are angry, schizoprhenics could get hold of them and use them when they change personality without ever knowing. Drunk men could arrive home from the pub, have a row with there wife and shoot them because they are just so drunk.

They don't put laws in place without needing them in the first place, there was obviously a point in time where there was no gun laws, and many murders happened because of it.

Guns need to be hard to get hold of to protect people.

Max in the UK we have some rather restrictive weapons laws unless you meet a set of criteria, but some how kids as young as ten years old manage to get there hands on a frightening level of fire power. There is pics an vids on youtube of kids in Cantrell farm with SMG's and sawn off shotguns, there was CCTV pic's in the Echo a while ago of a Teen walking through a row of shops with a AR15 in the same area. I know liverpool has a higher than average gun crime rate but weapons like that are not hard to come buy all you need to know is one dodgy person in a local boozer an you can get your hands on a gun and a lot of ammunition for under a hundred quid an if you don't mind a "dirty gun" you can get one cheeper than that.

In this case I tend to lean towards this was a gun of a parents that was irresponsibly kept, such as the bed side draw or on the top shelf of the kitchen cupboard.

The kid who brought the gun should have the book thrown at him, as should his parents. A 14 year old kid is not mature enough to be given free reign with a firearm, and this one has shown exactly why.

I don't own a gun, but plan on it. We never got a gun when our duaghter was growing up as we didn't want any accidents if she should get hold of it. She has always been level-headed and all, but a gun is still a gun.

Now that she is grown and on her own I am considering buying a gun to keep in the house. I no longer live in town, so the odds of me needing to use it are lower, but I would sleep better knowing it is there should I need it.

The kid who brought the gun should have the book thrown at him, as should his parents. A 14 year old kid is not mature enough to be given free reign with a firearm, and this one has shown exactly why.

I am in total agreement, there is kids who are mature enough to utiles a weapon under supervision at a range or while hunting but individual ownership and possession is something that should never be considered suitable or safe for a child of that age.

I don't own a gun, but plan on it. We never got a gun when our duaghter was growing up as we didn't want any accidents if she should get hold of it. She has always been level-headed and all, but a gun is still a gun.
That was a smart move on your part mate, I am not saying no one should have a gun while there child is growing up but it should be kept under lock an key in a non functional state with the ammunition stored away an when the child is old enough to be considered responsible they should be tought just how much damage a firearm can do. I have shown my neighbours kid who is 11 how dangerous a gun can be after his dad got him a air rifle an since that day he has always asked me is this safe or can you show my dad what you showed me etc and he has not used it irresponsibly once.

Now that she is grown and on her own I am considering buying a gun to keep in the house. I no longer live in town, so the odds of me needing to use it are lower, but I would sleep better knowing it is there should I need it.
Knowing you mate I am sure your considering a large bore revolver, while revolvers have some admirable features such as reliability an the ability to club some one if you run short I would recommend considering agenst one unless you are more comfortable with one. My personal choice for home defense and combat are the Browing Highpower and a Colt 1911a1 (both designed by JMB). My first choice is for the Browning high power it's reliable battle tested and the ammunition is cheep and commonly available and you do not really have to worry about over penetration much unless your firing at stupidly close range with non frangible rounds. The second and not lesser choice is the Colt 1911a1 it's a good solid design but limited to 7 rounds unless you with to top off the mag but then you always have a live round in the tube and I do not like the idea of a gun left in that state for a whole host of reasons. The ammunition is more expensive and not as common and you have to worry about over penetration, but the .45acp has the lovely tendency to decimate a target when fire at a reasonable range with a single shot and the target has a tendency to stay down.

I am also going to make a vote for a short barreld combat style shotgun if you are allowed to own them in your state, if you have the money or a good gun shop in your area I would see if you could get your hands on a Russian made pump action that is fed via a box mag as it makes reload time much faster over a tube mag and it makes drowsy woken up by the dog barking at a intruder shooting much more accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom