Serenity (FIRE FLY THE MOVIE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I just saw a test screening for Serenity last night.

Serenty is the movie for the SciFi TV series called Fire Fly which sadly got unfairly axed after 14 episodes. (Which sucked as FireFly was a lot of fun)

Now here is some spoilers for the movie :-

The movie is set about 9 months after the FireFly TV Series Pilot Episode. For those people that have seen fire fly... remember the the fear menase call Reavers. Apart from some close ship to ship encounters in the early episode, we only saw the leftsovers of one of them.
Well, we get to see a lot more of them. And they are a the fear menase that the TV series made them out to be

Also, more information about River (wacked out little girl) and what the Totalitarian Alliance has done to her. In the movie, it turns out that she is holding a very dark secret about the Alliance that they do not want leaked out.

The entire crew does return for this movie as some people might remember that Irana and Book when their seperate ways.

Pros about the movie....
*It's does complete a lot of the issues that were left undone from the TV series. So this could finish up the TV series for those fans. However, I do hope that the movie does re-open the FIRE FLY franchise.

* I does explain the FireFly setting better. (or at least from a Totalitarian Alliance point of view)

* REAVERS!!!! We actually see them this time.

One of the big cons about this movie is that it does assume that you have seen the series. (or at least the episode 1,2,4 and 9). River and Simon backgrounds where explained.
Inara was sort of explained.
But Shepard Book could of been explained better.

In the end, Serenity hit the movies in late september 05. However in the mean time, try checking out Fire Fly TV series (all 14 episodes of them) in the mean time.

If you are into SciFi, Both the movie and the TV series are well worth watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom