Random Chit Chat

Couldn't care less how big the card is to be honest, so long as it fits in my new case and doesn't sound like a jet engine. No glass side panel so i'll never see it anyway.

On the subject of my case, I love it so much. I've had quite a few cases, a Lian Li (sucked, the side panel didn't even sit properly), Phanteks Enthoo (nice but plasticy), Corsair 750D (nice but started vibrating after a couple years) etc. This is by far my favourite. It's the best made out of all the ones i've had, and I really like the thumbscrewless side panel access.
I know you joked about SLI, but it appears the only certain boards have SLI keys to operate now.

Man my blood sugars are absolute dog shit the past week or two. No surprise as my eating habits have been getting worse again. It's so damn difficult to keep motivated to keep on top of it. The problem is unless your blood sugars are REALLY bad, as a Type 2, you basically experience zero side effects. Like I woke up this morning and my fasting blood sugar reading was 2x a normal healthy individuals values. But I feel absolutely fine, energtic, healthy. And that makes it really hard to stay motivated to stick to a low carb diet. It's like... "well I can just eat those things and see and feel literally no down side". It's harder than being fat or obese and trying to lose weight, as those have tangible results; you see yourself get fatter if you do bad or lose weight if you do well. With this I just see nothing either way, and yet it's a difficult diet. The effort/reward ratio is basically a lot of effort for no reward (in the immediate term anyway). The only thing you have to convince yourself it's worth it is the fact that it is technically, slowly, damaging your health, and in 20 or 30 years i'm probably gonna start seeing more of the obvious medical implications. But it's really hard to tell yourself to not eat that peice of bread for a benefit in a few decades time.

In other news and to my surprise, 3090Ti's are in stock for next day delivery. The perf gain isn't worth it, but i'd be lieing if I said there wasn't a part of me that is still tempted lol.

Last edited:
Man my blood sugars are absolute dog shit the past week or two. No surprise as my eating habits have been getting worse again. It's so damn difficult to keep motivated to keep on top of it. The problem is unless your blood sugars are REALLY bad, as a Type 2, you basically experience zero side effects. Like I woke up this morning and my fasting blood sugar reading was 2x a normal healthy individuals values. But I feel absolutely fine, energtic, healthy. And that makes it really hard to stay motivated to stick to a low carb diet. It's like... "well I can just eat those things and see and feel literally no down side". It's harder than being fat or obese and trying to lose weight, as those have tangible results; you see yourself get fatter if you do bad or lose weight if you do well. With this I just see nothing either way, and yet it's a difficult diet. The effort/reward ratio is basically a lot of effort for no reward (in the immediate term anyway). The only thing you have to convince yourself it's worth it is the fact that it is technically, slowly, damaging your health, and in 20 or 30 years i'm probably gonna start seeing more of the obvious medical implications. But it's really hard to tell yourself to not eat that peice of bread for a benefit in a few decades time.
Ask my wife about the side effects. She is currently on two or three different meds for her diabetes, plus two different types of insulin. She has neuropathy, kidney damage, and her eyesight has been affected. Trust me... do what you can now to stay as far away from all that as possible. I am type 2 but have taken control of it with diet. It won't help my neuropathy but I am off the diabetes med.

Ask my wife about the side effects. She is currently on two or three different meds for her diabetes, plus two different types of insulin. She has neuropathy, kidney damage, and her eyesight has been affected. Trust me... do what you can now to stay as far away from all that as possible. I am type 2 but have taken control of it with diet. It won't help my neuropathy but I am off the diabetes med.

Yeah, in general I do keep to it... but some times I slip up. Overall still way better than I used to eat. I'm 100% off any soda's or fruit juices, all I drink is water and black tea/coffee with no sugar or milk. I avoid rice like the plague and rarely eat potato. I'm still struggling to keep white bread out of my diet though. My main issue is still sweet food, like chocolate and candy. I eat less than I used too but still too much some of the time. My problem is I never lose the craving or desire to eat carb heavy food, even after a 5 month very low carb diet last year the desire to eat a tube of pringles and bar of chocolate never faltered.

I read a few great books on Diabetes and all the issues it can cause, not fun at all. Something for me to look forward too later in life :rolleyes:

I've watched my mom struggle with it for years, and it's why I was able to snap to a more healthy diet and drop 90% of my sugar intake back in 2017.

Today I gave my oldest son a hefty upgrade. Put in a 1TB Sabrent gen 3, a Titan Xp, and a 1440p 144hz monitor (SSD new, the rest hand me downs) for good grades and behavior in school. Trying to make the NVMe SSD work as a boot drive kinda killed the whole process. Not only was it spitting out secure boot errors (even if disabled), the modified bios for some reason was pushing out watchdog errors with the same OC the platform has had for almost a decade. Since I had to go to sleep early for patch weekend I just wound up tossing the SSD in his dynamic disk and leaving the CPU on auto. Even though his games are getting over 100fps the GPU util is like 65% or around it lol.

I'll probably leave it like that until he gets a platform upgrade, which will be X99 once I get the 12700k and play musical platforms with everything in the house. Mainly because I want the X299 setup in my wife's rig sitting in my server so I can put a high core count Xeon in it.

Speaking of servers, found a nifty app that will enable me to use remoteapps without using a broker and collections alleviating the need for AD. Super cool. So basically the week or so I spent implementing AD in my house and deciding later it's too much of a hassle was all for nothing! At least I can edit video and photos without using my gaming rig resources now.

Last edited:
I've watched my mom struggle with it for years, and it's why I was able to snap to a more healthy diet and drop 90% of my sugar intake back in 2017.

Today I gave my oldest son a hefty upgrade. Put in a 1TB Sabrent gen 3, a Titan Xp, and a 1440p 144hz monitor (SSD new, the rest hand me downs) for good grades and behavior in school. Trying to make the NVMe SSD work as a boot drive kinda killed the whole process. Not only was it spitting out secure boot errors (even if disabled), the modified bios for some reason was pushing out watchdog errors with the same OC the platform has had for almost a decade. Since I had to go to sleep early for patch weekend I just wound up tossing the SSD in his dynamic disk and leaving the CPU on auto. Even though his games are getting over 100fps the GPU util is like 65% or around it lol.

I'll probably leave it like that until he gets a platform upgrade, which will be X99 once I get the 12700k and play musical platforms with everything in the house. Mainly because I want the X299 setup in my wife's rig sitting in my server so I can put a high core count Xeon in it.

Speaking of servers, found a nifty app that will enable me to use remoteapps without using a broker and collections alleviating the need for AD. Super cool. So basically the week or so I spent implementing AD in my house and deciding later it's too much of a hassle was all for nothing! At least I can edit video and photos without using my gaming rig resources now.

This reminds me of the time my dad upgraded my PC for also doing well in school. I didn't know standoff's were a thing (I was probably 12 or13) and fried the PSU and motherboard the second I tried to turn it on.

Back
Top Bottom