Random Chit Chat

Well if anything you can always fly the newer planes in there, then go play shoot em up in DCS.
I might check it out in the future. For now i'm having fun learning the Warthog, and the AH-64D releases next month which I am very excited for! Also got TrackIR setup after having spent a month use the FaceID sensor on iPhone and OpenTrack to do head tracking. To be honest it worked really well, but it just lacks a bit of precision when using the head mounting cueing system in the Warthog to precisely designate ground targets by looking. So I made the upgrade to TrackIR, which is quite a bit better. But to be honest the price is a *joke*. For the TrackIR camera and wireless led tracker that clips to your headphones, it cost me like $200. You can get a Quest 2 for $299, which has much more accurate inside out tracking (you can still feel the precision of TrackIR is a considerable step below the best VR headsets), and the Quest 2 has, you know, an entire VR system on top of it's tracking system, for $99 more.

Honestly i'd love to play DCS in VR exclusively, the depth perception and ease and naturalness of looking around is so good, but the resolution just doesn't make it viable for me. In DCS i'm constantly engaging very distant targets. My 4K monitor can resolve them, VR headsets can not. Well the Varjo VR3 could but it's like $5000 and only has the very good pixel density right in the middle. Fortunately high res displays in VR will come quick and fast, and I fully expect a 4K per eye VR headset to be in my price range either this year or next. Though considering my PC gets 36fps at medium/low settings in DCS when running the sub 2K per eye Quest 2, i'm not too sure how a 4K per eye headset is going to work...

Looks like this whole system is missing cali entirely.
Supposed to come from Texas up through my area today and continue northeast on thursday. The east coast is going to get another hit. Just got about 4" cleared from my walk and drive, so I might have half the amount already cleared. It is a very wet and heavy snow. Great for the kids making snowballs and snow people!

Back
Top Bottom