Random Chit Chat

I remember that....The electricity utilities socked it to ya because of that storm and a lot of peeps got cold. Maybe consider getting a whole house generator for the next time?
Only dumb people on variable rates. A lot of people died from the cold too, and carbon monoxide poisoning for starting their cars and grills inside. My next build will have a Tesla roof and 2 battery packs. My best friend with just their solar panels and 1 pack was good to go for almost the whole week.
The stupidity of people costs lives though, all the stores are clear out of everything and there's videos of people getting like 10 loaves of bread. Like dude, even IF we were out a week you won't use up 10 loaves. Worst part is, most of my city was also out of water, yet nobody over here got bottled water.

Its really bad up this way. That ice is under 3 inches of wet snow. No fun out there.
Y'all got wet snow? Ours was dry as can be with a nice thick layer of ice under it. Wife went to Kroger to get diapers in the van and when she pulled in she parked right on ice instead of her old spot. They got out and the van slid all the way into the street. Had some fun getting it back up lol.

Wind Chills in effect till tomorrow afternoon. Low below 3-12 degrees below Zero! Actual temps in low teens. PPMguire, This is the kind of weather i hate. The ice is a royal PITA! I did go out about 6 blocks to the Wally World and get a few things we needed. It is about 1 inch of ice and 2-3 inches of wet snow. I wish it was dry powder. I could get some traction. Going nowhere today. Let the rest have there fun. We already had about 4-5 that jumped the curb and ended up in the yard! I am on a corner lot. I am planning to get a camera system for the house. That way i can see if someone is trying to steal anything or watch the fun on the roads.

Wind Chills in effect till tomorrow afternoon. Low below 3-12 degrees below Zero! Actual temps in low teens. PPMguire, This is the kind of weather i hate. The ice is a royal PITA! I did go out about 6 blocks to the Wally World and get a few things we needed. It is about 1 inch of ice and 2-3 inches of wet snow. I wish it was dry powder. I could get some traction. Going nowhere today. Let the rest have there fun. We already had about 4-5 that jumped the curb and ended up in the yard! I am on a corner lot. I am planning to get a camera system for the house. That way i can see if someone is trying to steal anything or watch the fun on the roads.
Even though we had real dry powder the ice took over. Everything here is a solid sheet of ice now.

Its finally melting! Took it long enough! Getting safer to travel again. My weather station is still down. Not sure what we had or what the high and lows of temps we had. My replacement head unit is in a snowback somewhere between here and Phoenix Arizona. Was supposed to be here Thursday. The Mail is running really behind schedule!!

Back
Top Bottom