Status
Not open for further replies.
FadingTheory said:

"Whats the soul of the bayonet?"

"To kill kill kill with the cold blue steel!"

"What makes the green grass grow?"

"Blood Blood Blood! Bright red blood makes the green grass grow"

Hooah!

God bless you dirt-eating, back-breaking, bullet sponge grunts!!! If you ever need Naval Gunfire support or a TLAM strike, gimme a ring! Welcome to the Brotherhood!!! Oh, and it's Hoo-Yah. Go Navy beat ARMY!!!! LOL

BTW, any of you guys thinking about the service, let me know. I've been doing this trash for 10 years now (Navy) and I've been both Enlisted and Officer. I'll give you my honest opinion and tell you as much as I know. And PP, if you'd been in HALF the places in the world that I have, you would drop to your knees and KISS US soil (I've done it more than once!!!). Once again Faded, congrats!!!!!

Igetshockedalot said:
BTW, any of you guys thinking about the service, let me know. I've been doing this trash for 10 years now (Navy) and I've been both Enlisted and Officer. I'll give you my honest opinion and tell you as much as I know. And PP, if you'd been in HALF the places in the world that I have, you would drop to your knees and KISS US soil (I've done it more than once!!!). Once again Faded, congrats!!!!!

Yeah, whens the Army/Navy games :)

When is Army gonna kick some Navy bum :p jkjk I know Navy usually wins.

What do you do in the Navy? I am pretty sure I will be going into some sort of program for the Army. Just National Guard or something, not active.

I am a LTJG (O-2) I went to Boot Camp in Great Lakes Il in 1995, went on to be a CIWS tech under the Rating (Navy job description / Marince Corps MOS) Fire Controlman (not heat fire but gun-fire). I recieved a scholarship through the NROTC program in 97 and went to Jacksonville University in Jacksonville Florida from 1998-2002 on the Navy's tab. I then went to the Destroyer USS Mitscher and was an Engineer on her during the 2002-2003 Arabian Gulf deployment where we shot Tomahawk missiles into Iraq. I've been to Scotland, Great Britian, Holland, the Azores, Cuba, the Bahamas, the Dutch Antilles, Norway, Sweden, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Croatia, Albania, Slovokia, Poland, Iceland, Bahrain, Turkey, Greece, Canada, and Mexico (whew!). I now work for a staff.

Been to Mexico (just recently), Bahams, Italy, France, Turkey, Jordan, went to South Africa w/ a friends dad and him, Egypt, and i should be going to England (yes the great UK lol) this spring break. Ive been places trust me. To me they are no better nor worse (well some countries i went to where) than here. In France i got treated like here cause my family is French so it was great. My friends recruiter is trying to get me into the Marines as well lol.

Marines are merely poorlt organized Army units from what I hear. I don't know of any great operations thy've done recently, other then this: during basic training, we had two major failure examples: The Marines and Jessica Lynch. I will not go into Lynch on this forum, as I'm sure that would get ugly.

Hercules:
My MOS is 25B, Information Systems Analyst/Operator. Pretty much, I set up and defend networks. No where near as hard as 11B (Infantry).

Regular Army does not usually tell you untill your AIT is over. I COULD have gotten it in my contract, but I didn't. I'm hoping to go over to Germany as part of the 1st Armor Division. Seeing as the Big Red One (1st Infantry Division) is leaving Germany, I don't know how that will turn out. I'm thinking of going to Airborne school and hooking up with some elite light infantry. We'll see.

The M-60 is heavier, but does not jam as much as a M249 SAW. It also has farther range. I suppose I'd go M249, so I could carry more ammunition, and deal with the jams. To be honest, I'd prefer my 240B.

And my instructors said that jumping on a grenade, or throwing a body on it, that was armored, might REDUCE the range of the grenades damage. I tihnk he might have been talking about someone else's grenades, becase those things are just gonna blow the body right off.

PP:

Besides being relatively disgusted by your lack of respect for your country (Lets please stop with that crap in my topic), my only other response is this: Pugil sticks are brutal, and EVERYONE gets beat up, with the exception of my boxing battle buddy (Light Class Champion) and my 260 some pound, 7 foot tall friend who pretty much just pushed people to the ground and hammered them.

Chankama:
Havn't got my HL2 copy back from home yet. Believe me, there will be many a frag here. I'm in Como Land Gordon: Geek Central.

Igetshockedalot:
Your thinking of the Marines. In the Amry, its Hooah. It blends alot better, and dosn't sound as forced. And I think I will take you up on that Strike help sometime.

ANd I thank anyone who welcomed me back, and smit all who turned my topic into a slam fest. Curse you, hijackers!

Nothings changed. Good.

EDIT:
By the way, all my classes got pushed back a week because we had such a large class. So, No learning for a week. Curses.

Brother I was just busting your chops on the Hoo-yah thing... Each branch says it differently. The Marines just make some gutteral dog noise! LOL. But I got much love for all you bullet sponges be you Army or Marine Corps! BT BT Congrats again!

Besides being relatively disgusted by your lack of respect for your country (Lets please stop with that crap in my topic), my only other response is this: Pugil sticks are brutal, and EVERYONE gets beat up, with the exception of my boxing battle buddy (Light Class Champion) and my 260 some pound, 7 foot tall friend who pretty much just pushed people to the ground and hammered them.
Sorry for having an expressed opinion. But seriously they beat you guys? Thats not cool. Also im saying the Marines only cause my friend is going through basic training right now and its kinda cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom