Private Theory, Reporting For Duty

Status
Not open for further replies.

FadingTheory

I Rule You
Lets start by saying hello, once more, to the fine people of Tech-Forums. As some members may already know, I used to come to this board rather often, untill about two monthes ago, when a strong yearning to be part of something big pushed me out of the civilian life and into my new life: as a Member of the United States Army.

First off, yes, I'm back earlier than anticipated. But, as I should have guess, COMMUNICATIONS school has computers. Computers I can use. For the glorious internet! (Sorry, have been on a computer in 2 monthes. I'm a bit excited.). I completed my Army Basic Training at Fort Benning, Georgia on the Thursday of the 8th, September, and as of right now, I am beginning AIT (Advanced Individual Training) at Fort Gordon Georgia on this Wensday. So, I have a it of down time to spend doing absolutely nothing. So, to fill the gap, I shall take some questions if anyone has any. And, hopefully, someone I know will recognize me. Being remembered is nice.

First off, on the topic of Basic Training, I have one word to sum up the horror: Heat. FOr anyone whos ever been to Georgia, specifically the Western Side, you know what I mean. Its HOT. ANd not only hot, but humidity sky rockets this time of year. This is the kind of heat that created a 30% dehydration rate, and a 10% fall out rate (Heat exhaustion, etc). And remember this: All day, every day, we wore BDUs (Battle Dress Uniforms). You know, the big, heavy green, black, tan, and brown uniforms the US Army is known for? Those things. So, imagine the hottest day of your life, wrapped in a a cocoon of clothing that traps heat and takes away any chance of feeling a breeze (Not that there ever was a breeze). Throw on an IBA (Interceptor Ballistic Armor), K-Pot (Kevlar Helmet), an M-16 rifle, and, sometimes, a 50+ pound rucksack with bars welded on for the sole purpose of your discomfort. Enjoy.

That being said, Basic Training was relatively fun. I know, it sounds crazy, but I just finished 9 weeks of doing things you'll never do. I've fired not only M-16s and M-4s (Pretty much a snubbed M-16), but I've fired the M249 SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon) (This weapon is more lethal than any video game could ever show. 800 rounds a minute, mixed ball and tracer rounds, and the capacity to kill hundreds in minutes. Theres a reason the army calls it a 'causulty producing weapon.'), thrown HE (High Explosive) Grenades (These things throw shrapnel and debree up to 300 meters away, and sound like the worlds about to end), watched up close both an AT4 (Anti Tank Generation 4 Rocket Launcher, the replacement for the LAW) being fired, and set of claymore mines (The most deadly infantry weapon ever produced). I've walked through the smog of CS Gas, learned to kill with the cold blue steel (Bayonet), and been beaten to a pulp during basic combat instructions (Don't worry, I got me some too).

But most importantly, I've learned the power of confidence, and that I am more powerful than I could ever imagine.

Thank you, and I'll see you all in the forums. Ask anything you like.

"Whats the soul of the bayonet?"

"To kill kill kill with the cold blue steel!"

"What makes the green grass grow?"

"Blood Blood Blood! Bright red blood makes the green grass grow"

Hooah!

Congradulations it sounded like you had a good time.

Next summer, I think I am going into Canadian reserves. Kinda like your training, but 6 weeks long and we improvise alot more, due to a lower budget.

OK if i didnt like my country so much i would do it. Ive always wanted to be a part of something big and do huge things like that. Almost all of my family was in the Air-Force and my uncle was even a captain. I hahve on question, what do you mean by beatin to a pulp? You get your ass kicked or what?

theory.. wen i seen ur sig i was speechless... shipdate june 24th and the return date.. i was like.. omg.. wow..
anyway.. thnks for training to protect our country.. we need more people like u :D

FadingTheory said:

"Whats the soul of the bayonet?"

"To kill kill kill with the cold blue steel!"

"What makes the green grass grow?"

"Blood Blood Blood! Bright red blood makes the green grass grow"

Hooah!

Ahhhhhh... The good ole days of basic training. Congratulations!

Completeing basic is a great feeling.

After i got out of basic (10 years ago), i had to laugh at a lot of movies that i seen. My favorite was a movie where some dude jumped on top of a gernade to save his buddys. his body supressed the nade enough to save them (yea right!) Now that you have seen the power of a real gernade you know what i'm talking about! Those things are amazingly powerful!

Anyhow i wanted to know what your MOS is. Mine was 11B

Also, where are you going to be stationed? Me = Schofield Barracks, 25th infantry Division. (Hawaii)

Finally, Would you rather carry the M-60 or the SAW?

P.P. Mguire said:
OK if i didnt like my country so much i would do it. Ive always wanted to be a part of something big and do huge things like that. Almost all of my family was in the Air-Force and my uncle was even a captain. I hahve on question, what do you mean by beatin to a pulp? You get your ass kicked or what?

Your really starting to piss me off with your anti america bull shit, get over it.

theory I'm glad you liked it, from the sounds of it, I might just do it also.

Those who complain shall just sit down, and watch those who are doing.

English: STFU or take action.

Your really starting to piss me off with your anti america bull shit, get over it.
Im going to go all Nubius on you now. It was a damn OPINION. Get over YOUR self because im tired of you bashing me for having an opinion on my own country. You like it, i dont thats that. I never ounce said in that post America licks my asshoel blah blah. All i said was if i didnt hate it i would do that. So basicaly saying i WOULD join the armed forces if it wasnt for that factor. I have enough problems w/ this board as it is so i dont need you to make my TF experience worse. Besides, it had absolutely nothing to do w/ you, so just butt out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom