Potentially the longest thread in history...

Yah. So well made compared to new houses. Check out the wall thickness below. Excuse the awful picture quality. About 18inch thick stone work.

You can play music super loud and the person next door literally can't hear. So thats an advantage. Disadvantage means you also can't hear the fire alarm.

Wow 18 inch? Holy crap! That is one solid house then

Re: Today I have...

I don't have enough knowledge about more specific home prices and sizes besides here in Texas because I've only looked at buying homes here. SO with that being said, a typical 2400sqft brick home will usually run you about 250,000USD+ depending on a few things here and there. I know that 1350/m renting can get you a 5 bedroom 3.5 bath brick home with a 3 car garage and an inground pool in a nice neighborhood. Oh with FiOS availability. So, you can guess what 1800 can get. Depending on credit and the down payment, that same 1350/m buying would cost maybe around 800/m.

Today I scored a second interview for tomorrow with the manager of the electronics department.

Edit: I only know the above info because it's the house my friend making 60k plans on renting. When he stops buying PC parts that is. I never look at homes over 80k, or 700/m rental.

That is my #1 reason I would move to the US. I can buy a house over there like that, which I would have to be earning about £150K a year to buy over here. No one has swimming pools except the very well off.

And lol, wow, $80k ? Pretty sure house don't exist for $80k full stop over here.

That is my #1 reason I would move to the US. I can buy a house over there like that, which I would have to be earning about £150K a year to buy over here. No one has swimming pools except the very well off.

And lol, wow, $80k ? Pretty sure house don't exist for $80k full stop over here.

Foreclosure ;)
Some homes sell for real cheap for stupid reasons too, like people died in them or something. Little ghost stories really do ward people off from buying what is a perfectly fine home.

Also, I only look in suburbs, never near the center of a city, and never in homeowners association area.

You can get homes real cheap on auction too, if you have the cash.
Then again, like always it greatly depends on the area. Cheaper areas will net less cash in a job. Other areas are simply inflated due to wealth.

Edit: You can always do like the mexicans across the street did. Bought a 2200sqft double wide trailer, made a basement, attached the home to the ground (I guess you could say), put brick around it, and called it a brick home. The house only cost them 60k. The people who recently just bought it (I think two weeks ago) came over and asked if it was always a double wide. I smiled and said yea, they pretty much all are out here.

Last edited:

You can get homes real cheap on auction too, if you have the cash.
Then again, like always it greatly depends on the area. Cheaper areas will net less cash in a job. Other areas are simply inflated due to wealth.

Becarefull of what house/home you move into, just because it looks pretty and fancy on the outside doesn't mean it has its internal problems.
I strongly advise you get with somebody who has experience in buying and selling homes and get the place looked at throughly.

In georgia most homes cap out to 150.000 maxium
Home Sales Average Price | Statistic Brain

Back
Top Bottom