Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Never have and never will be interested in overclocking.

Far more interested in new smartphone tech, tv's and monitors, headphones, games and game tech.
I do enjoy knowing about PC hardware with all the architecture changes, war between amd and nvidia etc. But once it's in my PC i've no interest in trying to make it better. If I need more performance I save up and buy something better. I just don't find it particularly fun spending a day restarting my PC over and over again, and then waiting around bored out my ****ing mind watching a stress test to find out how stable it is. Not to mention having increased temps and power draw, when actually no games even use my CPU to its full potential as it is. I just can't imagine a 1ghz overclock giving me a major performance boost.

ha ha the wars that interest me are stuff like:

vmware vs applogic vs onapp cloud engines
linux vs windows web servers
vmware vs hyper-v vs xen vs openvz hypervisors
emc vs hp vs oracle SANs
cpanel vs plesk vs directadmin website control panels
IPB vs VB vs xF vs WBB forum systems (paid)
mybb vs phpbb vs vanilla vs smf forum systems (free)

Which one of these os servers do you prefer and why ?
I got a little bit of training using windows server 2003 in 2 of my old customer service jobs.
Based on what I was using to transmit data around the call center and using that interface with as employee, it kind of put me off, it felt like I was dealing with windows 2000 standard before sp got introduced for it.
I used server 2008 once when I built a mini server for my boss and used that as the os.
In someways it felt overwhelming for me, because I did not have network experience to figure out those features a couple of years ago.

I finished my mothers project and got one hour of sleep 4am, there was water spillage in her room so I had to wash down alot of stuff while handling some other personal agendas.

She gave me her leather chair from her office at work, I didnt even remember that I sat in her room last summer in june and built the thing for 2 hours straight with her other employee.

Atleast the tiny chair I have been using since 2010 christmas I will have no need for it as it was bothering my lower end spine and making me sick.
Now I can finally do some work without bending in all kinds of shape in wacked up black chair. :p

Linux for web servers all the way. much leaner and easier. CentOS or RHEL for the distro. very solid.

Linux for web servers all the way. much leaner and easier. CentOS or RHEL for the distro. very solid.

Lol. Everynight I hear my dad moaning about looking after Unix and Linux servers, he's the happiest man alive when he gets to work with Windows servers :p

vmware vs applogic vs onapp cloud engines
vmware vs hyper-v vs xen vs openvz hypervisors
emc vs hp vs oracle SANs
cpanel vs plesk vs directadmin website control panels
IPB vs VB vs xF vs WBB forum systems (paid)
mybb vs phpbb vs vanilla vs smf forum systems (free)

I'm not that hardcore.. about the most technical discussion i've had with people of late was the advantages of different methods of computing fluid physics, from basic navier-stokes model, large eddy simulation etc. And ofcourse dns variation of navier stokes, but I rekon we are about 147million years off being able to do this real time, its insanely expensive in terms of computation power.

The conversation wasn't really that technical, because the math involved is way to advanced, we were more concerned with the benefits and negatives of each type.

Back
Top Bottom