Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Why would you buy a tablet when you know the iPad 3 is coming ?
:grin: :grin:

That said if iPad 3 has no very high res display, i and the rest of the apple adoring world will fall to there knees and weep very sad tears.

I can't stand iOS and I don't think the iPad will be $169 like my Nook Color was. I don't really need a tablet so that is the most I am willing to pay for one.

There is zero difference.

Most MP Games = Exit MP game, go to server browser in game
BF3 = Exit MP game, go to server browser in firefox.

The only difference is where the server browser is located. You don't really loose any functionality. Infact you gain some, by having your whole desktop available to you between games. It's just as quick.

Just pretend they said "Our server browser has all the functionality of your windows desktop!" Same thing man. People never like change, people are always skeptical and rightly so. But i think it'll be cool, and I'd be very surprised if all 100 intelligent software developers at DICE made the wrong decision.

I guess everyone has there preferences. Thats fine. Just seems a bit weird that you've decided to not get a great game just because you don't like how to join MP games..

Lol wut ? My sister is at Uni and i've never known anyone to have so much spare time.
There is a huge difference. Instead of having the game loaded and simply switching between MP and SP tabs you have to exit the game to load up a "browser" of sorts (like Combat Arms, which is entirely done IN your browser of choice), select your server, then reload the game. That is a lot of unnecessary loads IMO. In Battlefield 2 I have the selection of SP or MP in tabs on top and I don't need to exit and return to the game simply to switch servers if I rage quit, find hackers, or want to play better people. I don't care how "fast" they say it will be, it will be just as annoying as any other game that uses this strategy. 2 comes to mind, LoL and Combat Arms. Both of which I don't play, and both of which I completely hate their way of a "menu" system. I shunned them off as simply being "free" games to play and figured I would never see this idiocy in a real game. Guess I was wrong, but leave it to EA to completely ruin something I've been waiting for for YEARS. Then the icing on the cake is I need to run their stupid *** program in the background which I will hate just as equally as I do Steam. They will not be getting my money, I'll just order the collectors edition of Skyrim instead.

^its not that big of a deal. If you actually want to play the game, who gives two ****s how you get in the game, as long as it plays. Granted i dont like that i will now have to use origin instead of just go through steam like everything else. As well, how can you hate steam, it is a program designed to stream line buying games, communicating with other players/friends, and playing games. What is there to hate? If you hate it then perhaps pc gaming isnt what you should be doing lol.

I will be buying bf3 no matter the server browser, because i actually want to just play the game.

There is a huge difference. Instead of having the game loaded and simply switching between MP and SP tabs you have to exit the game to load up a "browser" of sorts (like Combat Arms, which is entirely done IN your browser of choice), select your server, then reload the game. That is a lot of unnecessary loads IMO. In Battlefield 2 I have the selection of SP or MP in tabs on top and I don't need to exit and return to the game simply to switch servers if I rage quit, find hackers, or want to play better people. I don't care how "fast" they say it will be, it will be just as annoying as any other game that uses this strategy. 2 comes to mind, LoL and Combat Arms. Both of which I don't play, and both of which I completely hate their way of a "menu" system. I shunned them off as simply being "free" games to play and figured I would never see this idiocy in a real game. Guess I was wrong, but leave it to EA to completely ruin something I've been waiting for for YEARS. Then the icing on the cake is I need to run their stupid *** program in the background which I will hate just as equally as I do Steam. They will not be getting my money, I'll just order the collectors edition of Skyrim instead.

But what you've done there is make it seem like there are extra steps involved, when there aren't. I may be wrong, but i'm pretty sure when you leave an MP game, it instantly quits to the Battlelog server browser. And when you find a game and join, it quits all the crap, no splash screens, just the MP map loading straight away.

There aren't any extra steps involved, and it's likely just as quick. I agree it does seem a bit weird, i don't know why they didn't just do it the normal way - which i probably would prefer, just one unified menu. But technically it's no real difference, and i don't think it will be anything more than a minor inconvenience. It just depends how seamless they've made it i suppose. It strikes me as a very odd thing for a AAA game with a development budget probably around $50m to do something like this *if* it is just a cheap crappy version of an in game menu. There just has to be benefits, or they wouldn't do it.

Like Luke said, i just want to play BF3 because the actual gameplay looks great, don't you think it's a shame to miss out on all that ?

^worked :p
And yha I know I know so long as they make the shiny screen shiny enough all the Apple fans will rejoice :grin:

Today I've not done much, watched a few movies, relaxed, etc. Quiet weekend for once.

^worked :p
And yha I know I know so long as they make the shiny screen shiny enough all the Apple fans will rejoice :grin:

Today I've not done much, watched a few movies, relaxed, etc. Quiet weekend for once.
I relaxed playing Stalker and now friends are flooding in for some beers and vidya games.

^its not that big of a deal. If you actually want to play the game, who gives two ****s how you get in the game, as long as it plays. Granted i dont like that i will now have to use origin instead of just go through steam like everything else. As well, how can you hate steam, it is a program designed to stream line buying games, communicating with other players/friends, and playing games. What is there to hate? If you hate it then perhaps pc gaming isnt what you should be doing lol.

I will be buying bf3 no matter the server browser, because i actually want to just play the game.
I'm gonna send a PM or IM your way to explain why I care.

But what you've done there is make it seem like there are extra steps involved, when there aren't. I may be wrong, but i'm pretty sure when you leave an MP game, it instantly quits to the Battlelog server browser. And when you find a game and join, it quits all the crap, no splash screens, just the MP map loading straight away.

There aren't any extra steps involved, and it's likely just as quick. I agree it does seem a bit weird, i don't know why they didn't just do it the normal way - which i probably would prefer, just one unified menu. But technically it's no real difference, and i don't think it will be anything more than a minor inconvenience. It just depends how seamless they've made it i suppose. It strikes me as a very odd thing for a AAA game with a development budget probably around $50m to do something like this *if* it is just a cheap crappy version of an in game menu. There just has to be benefits, or they wouldn't do it.

Like Luke said, i just want to play BF3 because the actual gameplay looks great, don't you think it's a shame to miss out on all that ?
You just don't understand so I wont try to explain it anymore. I wont miss out, I'll just do like I did for BF2.

You just don't understand so I wont try to explain it anymore. I wont miss out, I'll just do like I did for BF2.
If thats what i did then it would be....acquire..it.... play the single player....then buy the pack a year(s) later and play it haha.

Back
Top Bottom