Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today I went to my fathers grave and replaced the flag, painted the eagle and the poll the flag is on. The paint has become dull over the years, next year I will be sanding the poll down and paint it.

I also learned that I indeed did order the right bearing size for my conn. rods, but the connecting rod on cylinder #3 is shot and oval shaped instead. I was really praying I had the wrong bearing size honestly.

I just paid $314 last Friday after my version 1 RMA replacement mobo killed my old 2600K. Now I feel like I was screwed out of $54

I know it's not right to laugh at other people's misfortunes, and in fact people that do, should be paraded around town naked and drenched in oil. BUT some how what you just said still made me giggle.

I know it's not right to laugh at other people's misfortunes, and in fact people that do, should be paraded around town naked and drenched in oil. BUT some how what you just said still made me giggle.

oil-barrel.jpg

Prepare yourself.

No offense man but if your not hitting a egg sized target at typical shooting ranges you shouldn't be shooting animals. You shouldn't make a shot unless you are confident you will get the kill. I guess it doesn't matter so much in the US due to the acceptance of guns, but over here a lot of people dont like them and people that are hunting irresponsibly really do not help 'our' name (people that hunt and own guns).

'Sight in' better next time ;)

I hit the 2nd which was farther away then the first one I missed. I never had a chance to finish sighting my gun in the other day. I was getting it close but then it started to rain. I have been really busy since then and never got a chance to finish. But I will probably get it finished tomorrow afternoon. Gonna set up a bunch of pop bottles on an old picnic table and go to work.:thumbsup:

I should really go to an actual range but there aren't any really close to me and the "back 40" works fine for right now. What I really want to do is set up my old video camera to a remote monitor so I can see where I am hitting instead of having to go up to the target every couple shots.

Reminds me of an old joke.

A few days ago I was having some work done at the local Ford Dealership. A blonde came in and asked for a seven-hundred-ten.

We all looked at each other and another customer asked, "What is a seven-hundred-ten?"

She replied, "You know, the little piece in the middle of the engine, I have lost it and need a new one." She said that she did not know what it was but this piece had always been there.

He gave her a piece of paper and a pen and asked her to draw what the piece looked like. She drew a circle and in the middle of it wrote 710. He then took her over to another car, which had its hood up and asked, "Is there a 710 on this car?"

She pointed and said, "Of course, it's right there.

oil2.jpg

Not trolling.

I'm much more a sim racer than an arcade racer though. It either has to be totally obviously arcade, like Sega Rally, or Wipeout, or Simulation like GT5, Forza, iRacing and Rfactor.
Dirt3 doesn't really fit any category. Another issue with it is once your sliding to far round, it seems really hard to pull it back. I only played it for 10 minutes because it annoyed me so much.

I'm going to give it another shot now, and stay open minded.

edit:

Okay not sure where i got the bad graphics from. Just took a bowler across Kenya, and the graphics are fantastic. Lowering the default gamma as well helped it look a lot better, far to washed out to start with (Oddly i can't find a direct brightness option). It was pretty fun. Still arcadey, but better than i originally thought.

Another edit. Just did a night rally on the Peninsula Run track in Michigan. I had the idea of turning off stability control. Wow, thats so much better. Car is actually a little more challenging to drive. And those headlights, just like Dirt 2, look great. Codemasters do the best looking car headlight beams lol. Yeh, was good anyway. Not sure i agree with them making the track so unrealistically wide but meh. Car engines sound good if you crank the sound up too.

Starting to like this game now, as an arcade racer.

edit3:

Dont try and enable 16xCSAA with the latest nvidia beta drivers. Screws the game up.. had to change down to 8x MSAA in config.
What you just said fits perfectly with another person I know and their mini review of the game. All in all, sounds like I'll like it when I get a chance to do more than install it. It's DX11 right?

Today sucked major donkey balls. It started out good with playing Reach with a few friends online but for some reason that went downhill fast. I wound up sitting on Netflix before work. Work, it sucked too nuff said. Bout to relax to something then go to bed.

It's DX11 im pretty sure. Game runs excellent, i had it on the highest settings it would let me in game with 8x MSAA @ 1650x1080, and it never dipped below 40fps. Closer to 50 the majority of the time. And that's on 8x AA, which is a lot in my books (I usually use 2x, 4x at the most because it kills performance too much).

Back
Top Bottom