Potentially the longest thread in history...

Oh, I plan on strongly advising him to spring for the $40 it would cost to get 2 x 512MB for this thing (the max it can hold).

I feel your pain, trotski. I had pretty much the same laptop recently, ordered 2x 512mb sticks for it. Of course, newegg's shipping has been screwing us over lately, so we only got one the first time about a week ago...just got the other one today and it was friggin' defective...

Having a great ****ing week.

hikaricloud said:
I feel your pain, trotski. I had pretty much the same laptop recently, ordered 2x 512mb sticks for it. Of course, newegg's shipping has been screwing us over lately, so we only got one the first time about a week ago...just got the other one today and it was friggin' defective...
Ouch!

I'm still banging with this POS. Removed Avast as it had eight ashWebsv running, eating up most of the available memory. Installed MSE, but it has overheated and shut down twice while trying to scan with it. The owner is a smoker and I would hate to know what the heatsink looks like... I have it propped up so it has good clearance underneath but it still conked out.

I currently have it running in safe mode and trying to scan with Malwarebytes. If I can get that one finished I will try MSE again. I've already pulled loads of crap off of this thing.

^ Dude what happened to you? Last week you posted something about being in the hospital?

On the 9th I was racing in seasons first SnowboarderCross and hit a tree. Had to get pulled .5 miles on sled behind a snowmobile. ride down the worlds longest gondola and then ambulance ride 1.5 hours to hospital. luckily by then i got morphine. was in hospital for 6 days because of low oxygen. metal rod in my femur. 4 insisions in my leg from putting the rod in. ahh its terrible.

At least i got 2nd place! lol doesn't matter i won't get enough points for nationals :(

Apok said:
Air Compressor.
Sure... I always keep one behind my left ear. >.>

It overheated with the Malwarebytes scan. I am trying it again in safe mode, but am pausing it once it starts to get hot and letting it cool back down. Two hours to get 42 minutes into the scan. 130 objects infected thus far, mostly registry entries. Thank God it only has a 40GB hard drive. I'm supposed to call up someone from church this evening and go wok on their computer... maybe I will have this scan done by then.

@ overlord20 - Glad it was you and not me ;) . You ought to be thankful you even came through it, though... hitting a tree is often fatal. I hope you mend up pretty fast.

Back
Top Bottom