Photo Shop Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
elements 5.0

i didn't do any stroke's (what ever that means,) on the text.

mate, im a newb to photoshop. How doi do a subtle glow?
Well stroke is a pretty general term. Usually vector elements have fills and strokes. The fill is obviously the fill or "inner content", whether it be a solid color, pattern, or gradient. Then the stroke is the border, usually a line type, thickness, and color.

I would also study up on raster vs. vector. Those are fundamental to understanding graphics and how you can work with certain elements. In a nutshell your text and shapes you draw will be vector until you rasterize them. Images (renders, C4Ds, backgrounds, etc) will be raster. Depending on what type the element is will depend on how you size it, blend it, and do other effects to it.

Using Elements is going to limit many of the options you will have. Elements is more for the home user who wants to touch up some photos and add some basic text or something. The full version of Photoshop really lets you get in and get your hands dirty with blending, filters, coloring, etc. Not to say you can't still make cool sigs, but you might not get the desired effects Carnage and Spit-wad are talking about.

^thats why i want to get another version, but it is pretty expensive.

Yeah... I got it legit from school for like $260 for the web premium package... of course there are other ways to get it *cough* *cough*.

Here is a new one:

I was just playing around with some stuff, it is a mix of assassins creed and the witcher. The head cut off was necessary because i wanted the armored wrist to show. I think the blurriness of parts of it really show the game style of assassins creed, the witcher heads just looks nice. The text i think is much better for this one. For some reason i could not use any colours, it was black and white ( i never selected anything of the such) so i could not apply and colour curves. (it would not let me) It is rather boring and plain, but i could not think of anything else to do, i may edit it later though.

Also, i figured out how to keep the renders the same size when moving them between graphics, before i was using the view bar at the bottom and having only one part in a render selected and dragging the entire file onto the other, but i found out you can drag a specific thing in that render to another with it staying the same size, if you know what i mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom