Panda Express

Status
Not open for further replies.
jorsoft03 said:
Chinese food is great, typically a hole-in-the-wall restaurant will be higher quality, more healthy, and taste better than Panda Express or a Great Moon Buffet (or whatever y'all have). Panda express is pretty good but there's a smaller place called North China nearby that's more expensive but definitely better. Also a small place in st paul called Great Wall (i think) that's even better.

well yeah, sit down restraunts usually have better food, i just love panda express's orange chicken and chow mein. sit down restraunts have awesome stuff too like shrimp and beef and lots of stuff you can't get from panda express.

chinese food is probobly my favorite type of food, except for a good bbq'd steak.

except for a good bbq'd steak.

I hope you're talking about a steak cooked on the grill, and not actually BBQed, as in sauce. Be a good waste of both.

BBQ is for ribs (beef or pork), chicken, pulled beef, pulled pork... maybe pork chops.

Chineese food you wouldnt find in a resteraunt (AKA home cooked) is better for you than most anything. Period. That typicaly goes for most all Asian foods.
Not really...home cooked doesn't mean it's good for you. A lot of their foods prepared in woks still use fattening materials like oils and greases. It depends on which dishes you prepare, which ultimately can be said about every type of food on the planet.

Now......go into japanese food....and even in resteraunts.....most of it is extremely healthy for you......it's only when you pig out on yakitori and gyoza would you get fat.

Nubius said:
Now......go into japanese food....and even in resteraunts.....most of it is extremely healthy for you......it's only when you pig out on yakitori and gyoza would you get fat.

I love japanese food. In fact I eat it at least twice a week. There's this place called "Ichiro Hibachi" FREAKIN' AMAZING FOOD. I think I even created a thread about a lunch I had once, i was so happy with it... lol

I could eat Japanese food 365 days a year actually.

Nubius said:
Not really...home cooked doesn't mean it's good for you. A lot of their foods prepared in woks still use fattening materials like oils and greases. It depends on which dishes you prepare, which ultimately can be said about every type of food on the planet.

is it all sushi and stuff like that? because i hate sushi.

is it all sushi and stuff like that? because i hate sushi
Yakitori and gyoza isn't. Gyoza = pot stickers which you've probably had if you've gone to a chinese food place. Yakitori = chicken kebabs basically that have been grilled with soy sauce of mirin (kind of like sake, but sweeter and used specifically for cooking) I believe. Oh, and of course anything named 'tempura' wont be good for you because that means it's deep fried. But then yeah, a majority of the stuff will be in the sushi category but not all of it. You can get hot pots which is like a vegetable soup style thing almost. Lots of different noodles and whatnot as well.

Nubius said:
Yakitori and gyoza isn't. Gyoza = pot stickers which you've probably had if you've gone to a chinese food place. Yakitori = chicken kebabs basically that have been grilled with soy sauce of mirin (kind of like sake, but sweeter and used specifically for cooking) I believe. Oh, and of course anything named 'tempura' wont be good for you because that means it's deep fried. But then yeah, a majority of the stuff will be in the sushi category but not all of it. You can get hot pots which is like a vegetable soup style thing almost. Lots of different noodles and whatnot as well.

i've had pot stickers, those are pretty dang good

I'm going to have to get japanese for dinner now.. thanks, for making me crave it.
http://www.saitos-cafe.com/ that place is about a 15 second walk down the street from me. Been there twice and have gotten yakitori, gyoza, calimari salad and mixed tempura. Good stuff. Also had their "ULTRA PREMIUM" sake sampler. Kurosawa sake is good stuff........$67 a bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom