Is it legal to use spy apps and software to monitor our kids or spouses' digital activity?

richardwilson

Baseband Member
Can we use spyware applications to track our loved one's digital activity? Let me explain it, in this time of the advanced and digital world, there is a very major chance that our kids may be threatened by cyberbullying and cyberharassment. It would be a big loss for us. Can anyone help me out?
May God protect us from this kind of behavior.

It's a gray area depending on locality. Can you install applications on your childrens devices that monitor their location, messages, etc? Yes, you absolutely can, till they are of adulthood or seperated from you. Can you install applications on devices your significant other owns, or devices in their vehicle with out their permission, with the intent to monitor and spy? No, in most cases you can't legally do so.

I strongly suggest contacting an attorney for your area if you are contemplating tracking a spouse, because you could very well end up in serious legal trouble if caught tracking someone.

It's a gray area depending on locality. Can you install applications on your childrens devices that monitor their location, messages, etc? Yes, you absolutely can, till they are of adulthood or seperated from you. Can you install applications on devices your significant other owns, or devices in their vehicle with out their permission, with the intent to monitor and spy? No, in most cases you can't legally do so.

I strongly suggest contacting an attorney for your area if you are contemplating tracking a spouse, because you could very well end up in serious legal trouble if caught tracking someone.
Thanks for giving your opinion. This would be helpful for me or anyone who is stuck on this question

I monitored what my children were doing online using a free program called Tightvnc. If I felt that they were about to do anything or say anything or chat to anyone that I didn't think appropiate I was able to switch their computers off. I suppose it's a bit more difficult in this day and age of tablets and smart phones but I think the software is available for these devices. As for my wife what she does online is her affair. I would not even slighty presume to monitor what she does nor would I expect her to monitor me. As for your god protecting you, I think not It's all down to you.

Back
Top Bottom