Only in America...

Status
Not open for further replies.
...yeah, well, that was why I tried to be "politically correct" by saying 'demographic' , as not to offend anyone.

I am in that majority, and I have seen it first hand. Can I do anything about it? Nope. If I were of a different ethnicity or nationality or religion or language, maybe. Just fat? Tough.

Personally, I could care less what color a person is, where they are from, or any of that. There are good ones and bads ones no matter where you are or where you look, and everyone deserves a chance. I may be fat, but I know my stuff and I get the job done. Corporate America just doesn't care because I don't wear size 32 jeans.

I hope this get's tossed.

In my mind there is discrimination about a lot of thing's in western culture that quite frankly shouldn't be, we are supposed to be the most enlightened human beings ever but yet petty differences or old world prejudices keep coming back to haunt us. What causes it is any ones guess and I haven't got the brain power to figure it out but in my mind the only prejudices that exist are the ones that we make, I don't care if your black, white, asian, gay, straight, fat, thin, the only time I have a problem with some one is when they have a problem with me my friends or family.

I don't mean to offend anyone with this comment but its what I have noticed

I believe that fat people in general have a lower sense of self-esteem as we as a society are bombarded with ads with "beautiful people" in. The school environment acts for a catalyst for this and can be the cause of the original descent into the spiral of low self-esteem. This low self-esteem leads to fat people being less likely to be confident and stand up against the 40% of society that does conform even though as the majority they are stronger in society.

Depending on where you live I don't think the UK has such a strong social divide. There are ofcourse areas where people that are stagnating the gene pool still overtly express a phobic hate for others that are different to themselves. I believe this to be the minority though with the majority changing there morals to a post-modern perspective.

I think the US is the most hung-up on divisions, and what ****es me off about all of it, is WE are supposed to be this "melting pot". I love my country, but not it's evils, and there are a few like prejudice.

Trotter, my wife struggles with weight issues, but I love her dearly. She is way more upset about it than me. I see her for who she is. I married her for that. You, Trotter, my friend, I like you buddy because of who you are - never even knew you to be overweight, and I couldn't give a rats *** if you are because you are one of the nicer people around here. Period.

I still like that people are not responsible for thier own actions.
McDonalds also gets sued for people being too fat because they offer fattening foods and supersize meals.
I am sure the next town over sells crack but i don't go buy it because its BAD FOR ME.
So hey Alcaholics can sue liquer stores fat people Mcdonalds then heck I am sueing Blizzard for wasted years.
I am not slim by any means and my wife is quite a portly princess but we don't hold anyone else responsible for it, we stop buying junk food.
I smoked for years but i could not fathom sueing for it, i take responsibility for it.
When your problems are someone elses fault your screwed most times because there is not much you can do about it.
When your problems are yours you can own up to them and make some changes because your in control of your behavior.
And that includes taking action and getting help for them if you cannot do it alone, that takes gutts.
Just make sure you always stay aware of weather your a Victim or a Volunteer.

I hope this get's tossed.

In my mind there is discrimination about a lot of thing's in western culture that quite frankly shouldn't be, we are supposed to be the most enlightened human beings ever but yet petty differences or old world prejudices keep coming back to haunt us. What causes it is any ones guess and I haven't got the brain power to figure it out but in my mind the only prejudices that exist are the ones that we make, I don't care if your black, white, asian, gay, straight, fat, thin, the only time I have a problem with some one is when they have a problem with me my friends or family.

Who thinks western culture is enlightened? lol.

I think that photo is hilarious, by the way.

A part of me wishes this would get thrown out, since it's really a stupid lawsuit, but the other part of me wishes she has to pay it, because she's a silly tool.

And as for obese discrimination, you're right Trotter, it happens every day, and most of the time, no one ever knows it.

The human animal in every country ever corner of the world descriminates
all animals have a social order we call it by name. "descrimination"
some of us rise above some below.
But if you or I get in legal trouble we pay the price jail, fines, etc
If a wealthy or famouse person gets in the same trouble many get off.. thats also descrimination. I can't afford the high end attourney i get nailed you go home.
social economic ethnic gender religion geographic location someone will always descriminate against somone else.
at our lowest form.

i love how you just have to throw the word racist around and you get what you want automatically no questions asked.

this country is going down hill. Give up...seriously...slavery happened 200 years ago. Let it be....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom