Only in America...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am half Lakota Sioux and half German.
People ask me "don't you feel angry about the name "Cleveland Indians" or "Washington Redskins" errrr
no
what about the trail of tears and all your land and etc etc etc.
dunno.. comes with the world i guess.
I don't complain about my computer.. my PS3.. my truck.. McDonalds why would i want a tent and some land? almost seems rediculouse to me to be ****ed about something from history still. its over.
I am not minimizing things in the past have been done that at the time were harsh and painful and even plain terrible.. but thats the way history works I don't care where you look.
Group A smacked down Group B to get C that was then this is now.
So i think acceptance has to come at some point. or maybe i'll go paint my face and stand outside the white house and dance.. nah I'm goin to McDonalds and play Witcher instead. just my opinion.

There is no discrimination where i live at the moment fortunately. Our school is a random mix of everyone, white, black, asian. We have people from china, philipenes, afica and india, thin and fat people everyone is treated the exact same. Black kids hang out with white and african kids etc. Without being prejudice here, it sounds like this would not be true in many parts of the US ? maybe im wrong, and i dop hope so.

I do beleive in city's like London discrimination is a much larger problem, i just happen to live in the outskirts of leicester which was previously named European Capital city of culture, i think this certainly helps, leicester seems to of had people from all over the world along with Birmingham longer than nearly all other city's so there appears to be more acceptance of different people here.

Well I can say from a perspective oreo that in liverpool last years capital of culture that there is a some what segregated community the black people live in Toxteth and Scotty Lane and the Asians live down by smithdown and the Indians live in Kensington.

Sadly the situation is deeply deeply rooted there is ellements in every community that refuse to mix in with the other communities even to the extent of them not wanting to shop in that area, the whole situation is stupid if you ask me, people are people we all are born, breath, eat, sleep and die in prity much the same way so why do we chose not to mix an enjoy life together is sad. Thankfuly there is more an more mixing going on in the last 3 - 4 years and I can say I have friends in most parts of society of all races an creeds and not to sound morally superior I feel that my social life is far more varied and enjoyable because of it.

Saxon, I think you said it perfectly. There do exist these divisions, and it really shouldnt matter to some people, but it does. And they want to divide even further....

Example:

Right here in Maine (US), there was a general store that was selling chances on when President Obama (then president-elect) would get assassinated !!! The FBI was in there like stink on ***t of course, the store is closed now. In another part of the state at around the same time, there were other incidents too horrid to say here, because I feel it could infuriate some people, so I won't. But it is just disgustingly STUPID plain and simple !!!! :mad:

I do believe this is where the phrase originated.

517f1549e9.jpg

I live in the South and I see discrimination on all sides. It's not just one group against another group, either. All people groups, be it by skin color, national origin, religion, or whatever, harbors prejudice against others. I try hard not to be a part of it, but I know my heart well enough to see it.

I see all people as equal in the world. I do, however, have major problems against certain peoples who come into the US illegally and sponge off of it... and I have to pick up the tab. I have a lot against others who sit on their backside and let the government support them, no matter what you look like (I have family members who are a part of this).

The whole thing with Miley is stupid and well below what should ever be brought before a court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom