OneDrive

troy01

Solid State Member
My new laptop has SSD and a Sata drive, so when document files were being saved to the SSD drive (my documents\onedrive), I uninstalled OneDrive but some of my files are still being saved in the SSD drive. So I redirected the My Documents folder to a temp folder in order to delete it to no avail. Even now, the files that were being saved in the SSD drive jump to the temp folder to save. I want to remove everything associated with onedrive. Can I remove it from registry (microsoft software)? Any workable suggestions? I have tried google but screwed up taking ideas to move the folder to temp, so am hoping someone who has gone through this would help. Thanks.

I don't know any operating system where Onedrive is mandatory. In addition, it is not part of Windows, but a completely standalone program, and you have no obligation to own or use it.
It's entirely up to you to decide what you do or don't do with it.
For example I don't also use it as usual, but I have simply turned it off and if I want I'll upload files using ftp or go directly to my Microsoft account and use web browser to upload or download.
So, do exactly the way you want, there are no restrictions.
As you have not given any notes about your machine, it is not possible to give other and more detailed instructions.

My new HP laptop includes OneDrive as part of Windows10. So, yes, it is now mandatory unless you find a way to remove it. I uninstalled it but it remains everywhere. You are correct it used to be standalone, but now MS has decided otherwise. So when I got my new laptop, it automatically started backing up on OneDrive and when I uninstalled it, it still stored files that I have not been able to remove. Hence the post.

But why don't you disable this sync feature in Settings? This should be the first place and the first thing from what to start.
I don't know which computer or Windows you have, but I have no problem removing it, ie uninstalling it. There is even by default Uninstall button. But I don't see any reason to remove it.

ScreenShot_20200910230407.png

Back
Top Bottom