Newegg Shipping...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that Newegg goes way out of their way to make customers happy.

They offered to take all of my stuff back , but I went ahead with the build ,

and have had no problems with any hardware thus far. I just don't understand

why they would pack $800 worth of sensitive equipment into as small a box as

possible...without peanuts(this happened to me):eek:

Because of shipping costs, that is about the only reason, and if anything id damaged they wouldn't loose much of anything because they purchase all them items in large bulk quantity's to save money....

I figure Newegg is like the place I used to work for as far as shipping goes. They probably use standard size boxes and only have so many to choose from. If you can pack it all into a single box you save a boatload on shipping. Since you, the customer, are paying for the shipping, it better serves you to keep the cost down.

You could probably contact Newegg next time and specify that you are willing to pay the extra for separate shipping and they would do it. Honestly, though, each item's packaging should already be robust enough to be shipped without all the extra packing. All the peanuts are for is to keep smaller stuff from banging around in the box and to give the box support so it does crush down.

I figure Newegg is like the place I used to work for as far as shipping goes. They probably use standard size boxes and only have so many to choose from. If you can pack it all into a single box you save a boatload on shipping. Since you, the customer, are paying for the shipping, it better serves you to keep the cost down.

You could probably contact Newegg next time and specify that you are willing to pay the extra for separate shipping and they would do it. Honestly, though, each item's packaging should already be robust enough to be shipped without all the extra packing. All the peanuts are for is to keep smaller stuff from banging around in the box and to give the box support so it does crush down.

Especially when they offer, "FREE SHIPPING".

Hey, it's free. It might come in a burlap potato sack, but the shipping won't cost you a cent.

Talk about thread derailment lol.

Yea tell me about it.

bizarre_361_7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom