Newegg Shipping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh25

Daemon Poster
So everything came in today (except for my dang psu from veedub!!) :( but while taking a look over everything, my hd 4850 had both stickers removed from the box, as if someone had already opened it. Also the box in which my cpu was in rattled as I picked it up, and the sticker also looked like it was taken off and replaced. Anyone ever had this sort of issue with newegg?

What parts did you get? The CPU box rattling is probably just the heatsink pins moving. Also, did you buy open box items? How do you know stickers were removed? Was there a blemish on the box where a sticker used to be? Not every box comes with stickers/tape to hold down the edges.

I got everything lol. GPU, motherboard, cpu, ram, hdd, opticals, etc. Nothing was open box, but the cpu box had a blemish as if the sticker was removed, and then put back down, not in the exact place it came. And the HIS 4850 had 2 stickers, one on each side, but both pealed upwards. Hopefully it was just damaged in the shipping process.

I ordered an OEM AMD X2 4400 a couple of weeks back and it came in with about 30 bent pins, to neweggs defense it looks like a manufacturer problem and not them. they promptly replaced it but the next one came in last week rattling around loose in the box, with half a dozen bent pins, very much their fault. At this point I canceled the order for a refund and ordered from ncix.com, still waiting for it to come in. Really frustrating, the only good thing from the experience is that newegg.ca was quick and efficient with their returns and refunds and their customer care was understanding and polite.

That sounds pretty iffy to me. I would take some pics if you haven't touched the stuff. It's really hard to judge without seeing it.

i orderd a open box msi GTX 260 core 216 (from newegg) and it got to me in the normal time. when i got it the package was all there, had plenty of packing peanuts and the box it self only looked like it was opened on one end and it had all of the accessories that would normally come with it. i was quite pleased :D

every thing i have orderd from newegg that is brand new have all been packaged perfrctly and not had a scratch on them.

so my advice is wait till you get your PSU, test every thing make sure it works and if it dont work like it's supposed to then you should RMA it. or if it does not have all of the accessories with it.

All right will do. Since the video card was basically already open i slid it out to take a peak. OMG thing is freakin huge. At least it is compared to my 8600 gt. I sure hope the PSU comes tomorrow. =[

I never had a problem until recently. I got an xbox and the box was dinged up in all of the corners and when I opened it up the inner part that separates everything looked like it had been sat on. Everything worked fine and the shipping box was fine so I am fairly certain it was not UPS's fault. At least nothing was broken.

The last time I had ordered something from newegg i noticed the boxes that contained the item it self was badly damaged yet the ups box was in really good shape.... Sometimes I wonder if they just throw things around like some shipping company's do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom