My Webby is now up ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it looks awful!

What a ****** :freak:

Some guy trying to increase his post count i would assume :O
Or some 12 yr old who hasnt grasped constructive critism yet...

rather, its someone who hasn't learnt the reason there are forums out there

u are a complete and utter w*****, this guy as donea great job setting up this site and you just rip the p*** out of it
I don't see how your responses are any better...but I do agree with arcon5 on the fact it was slightly annoying the first time I opened it (ahh, my poor 'lil eyes!), although if it's like most forums, it'll have a few other themes to choose from after registering (and if it doesn't, I recommend this!).

Grats on your site, but honestly, there's already enough TF spawns out there. :eek: If you actually want to go somewhere with it, you'll need something to draw people in - but I guess you just started it so maybe you need a week...:rolleyes: But yeah, content - something meaningful - a reason to choose your forum over others, beyond "a little more personal" (Techies don't usually care about being personal on a forum...:D)

Just a warning - prepare for SPAM, as I see a email address posted already! I'd suggest removing this and never posting it again...instead a link to the contact form!

Inputs appreciated and, to be honest I'm not to bothered if it doesn't go to far, as I'm an it technician student it's merely something for experience and another pro to put on my CV or resime for you Americans. It would be nice to build up to the size of this forum and maybe run it on vBulletin. As I had next to no knowledge on hosting a website and how it works this was a good experience for me to become more familiar with it, also due to the forums i chose "simple machine forums" i have learned much more in terms of PHP (not to mention renewing my rusty old HTML skills).
Thanks for all the input, the post above "I think it looks awful" isn't much help in terms of constructive criticism but never the less the theme wont please everybody and users loading custom themes was disabled on account of it messing with my mod to install ads.

*no doubt I spelt resime wrong

Layout looks good besides the Logo. God **** its bland. lol. Doesn't attract the eye. more repels it :p ha But get a good logo with a good background on it. Forums aren't really hard to get up & going. You just need to advertise a lot. But like someone else said it needs uniqueness, what makes you think I want to go there instead of here?

You need to come up with someways to attract members.

Good luck
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom