multiple tabs disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobLewiston

In Runtime
Recently my browser started to repeatedly lose the ability to support multiple tabs. In Internet Explorer 8, I click on the drop-down menu arrow on the right side of the Command Bar's Home button, select Add or Change Home Page from that drop-down menu, and then select "Use the current tab set as your home page" in the Add or Change Home Page dialog box. Then I launch another instance of the browser and close the original one. Then I've got multiple tabs. Sometimes they'll still be there the next time I boot up, but after a couple times, they're gone again. I have an installation of Windows that's only a few weeks old (so I doubt any files are corrupted), and all my antivirus and antimalware software tells me I'm as clean as a whistle. How do I fix this?

BTW, here is what's selected in IE | Tools | Internet Options | General tab | Tabs | Settings:

Enable Tabbed Browsing
Warn me when closing multiple tabs
Enable Quick Tabs
Enable Tab Groups
Always open pop-ups in a new window
A new tab in the current window

Moved to Browser Section.

In IE8 go under Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Manage Addons.

Disable all of them and see if that does anything to help you get multiple tabs running. If so then one of the addons you have running is causing this. check for updates to Adobe Flash, Adobe Shockwave, Java and what ever else is listed under Addons to try and fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom