More car mods - 2000 Mustang V6 makeover

Status
Not open for further replies.
DO NOT CUT COILS.. It will ruin the ride quality of the car and will have adverse handling effects on the car. If you want it lowered, do it right the first time.. DO your research and get a set of good springs for only like $250.. Eibach isn't the best, but it will lower the car better than chopping springs.

Here's my car and I like to think I know what I'm doing. 480hp heads and Cam LS1. My '10 year old car' is still just as fast, if not faster than today's new cars. :D :D But I still wouldn't mind an 03 Cobra! :D
6158119683.jpg

And look into the GT Cat back Dual exhaust.. it'll get rid of that hideous (IMO) single rusted 'tip'.

You are correct on the GT's and V6's. You don't want to cut coils to lower it.
Do you're research. :p, Because Cobras equipped with IRS have linear rate springs. Which mean without a progressive coil you keep the same spring rate if the spring is 10 coils or 6 coils tall. My car still rides like stock. ;)

What ever you do, do not install a sports muffler. There is nothing more that says "Look at me I am a wanker" than a sports muffler. I get then all the time down here, and i just :facepalm: every time I see one.

Well depending on the year it might be a V8. I know they quit putting the supercharged V6 in and replaced it with a V8 when it was in the "fat" or roundish body style.

The V6's in the older SHO's were built by Yamaha, which means it actually makes power. Compared to any 6 cylinder motor ford has ever built previously. They sound good, and if ford wasn't so lazy and put a good accessory system on the engine. It would have been able to rev even higher then it does. They limited it to what the stock alternator could handle.

What ever you do, do not install a sports muffler. There is nothing more that says "Look at me I am a wanker" than a sports muffler. I get then all the time down here, and i just :facepalm: every time I see one.

No worries. If I ever upgrade my exhaust it will probably be to some Flowmaster Dual Exhaust or something similar.

Just ordered the CAI and rocker stripes yesterday! Should arrive in the mail tomorrow and I'll have pictures up hopefully by this weekend of the changes and give my impressions of the CAI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom