2819_88670309923_672839923_2520084_5272562_n.jpg

Current mods I have done:
dual black racing stripes 7" each
Mustang bumper inserts
mustang brake light "MUSTANG" is shown when hitting brake
10" kicker L5 subwoofer
lower black billet grill
orange neon underbodies

Now as of this very moment I am having the car detailed and waxed and I'm getting a hoodscoop painted and installed so that's the next mod that I will show you guys tonight :)

My plans are then to do the following:
CAI (cold air intake)
Rims
Rocker Panel stripes

My question is about the CAI. I am ordering this one:
Mustang V6 Cold Air Intake Kit at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

And I notice a few people saying their air hose was not long enough to reach the new CAI tube. One person recommended getting a 6" hose extension. What would be the best way of getting a hose and then attaching the extension to it? I am slightly worried about just "stretching" it out to reach the tube because I'm afraid the hose will pull free eventually, though that is what everyone else who installed this part recommends. What do you think? This will be the first performance mod I have done by myself and I think it will be a great touch for my V6 as it says it improves horse power, throttle response/acceleration, exhaust sound (sounds like a V8), and even mpg in some cases.

Heh, i just spent a stupid amount of money on redoing the stereo in my car friday. I'll have to get some pics up of it. As far as CAIs go, i would imagine that it should fit right out of the box, unless you are referring to extending it to the underside of the car to pull air from outside the engine bay.

It's hard for me to describe the hose and tube I'm talking about. Look at the video on that item page at roughly 3:37-3:45.

Its just some random air hose that connects to the tube at the top of the CAI. I am a total engine noob but with the video installation guide I think I am more than capable of doing it :p

Again your car looks sweet Surge.

I would look into the v8 upgrade. :)

Lol, not enough moniez. :( Especially if I want to dump another grand in new tires and rims sometime. Once I am done I'll have put $2500-3000 into it and it only cost $6,000 when I bought it.....

So I think after the stuff I listed gets done I'll be done with modding it :)

EDIT: P.S. Does anyone else constantly get Hikari and Hefe mixed up? :p

so its a 9 year old v6. How many miles on it? Might be well served with having a new top end done on it.

I installed a K&N FIPK II on my 99' Grand Cherokee. I would just do what everyone has recommended. It's worked for them hasn't it?

I installed a K&N FIPK II on my 99' Grand Cherokee. I would just do what everyone has recommended. It's worked for them hasn't it?

True, I just worry :p And I guess one person said even stretched his wouldn't fit. Oh well. Guess I'll wait and see.

It only has about 90k miles on it. Not in dire need of a new transmission or anything. Plus a V6 is all I'll ever be able to use on this car anyways. I live in a big town and rarely get to drive over 50mph. My next car I get will be in about 3-4 years and that car will be a performance and speed car. Just gotta get outta college.

I looked at the BBK and other brands of CAIs but was pretty much told that they are all about the same performance wise and the more expensive brands you're basically just paying for that brand. Guess I'll find out. $70 isn't too much of a gamble compared to $250.

I've actually seen quite a few homemade ones, that cost around $25-30. Sure it isn't as fancy looking as any other, but it does the same job.

The last thing that the CAI is going to give you is a "v8 sound". You might see a little jump in throttle response, but that is about it. With a stock V6 I am sure the stock airbox setup provides enough air.
But the new intake will give the engine bay a nice touch, if that's what you are looking for.

Something else that would really help your car out looks wise is a set of smoked headlights. Find a set of OEM's on ebay or something from a 2000 on up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom