Mandatory signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.
molsen said:
i did have my specs listed. but i stopped needing help and i almost exclusively post in off-topic.

I can tell that you've been posting Off-Topic for a while, 800 on-topic posts, 600 off-topic :p

Wow, i have 5500 on-topic posts and 1500 off-topic posts, i feel so...nerdy :D

It's not a case of bragging, it makes it easier for other people to help you if they know whats cooking inside your case.

"Help us help you" type thing! :D

I don't have the greatest PC either, and the one before this was even worse! No one here laughs at other people on TF. (Well okay, I do when someone bends pins on his CPU by forcing it in the socket the wrong way around, but that's the only time, I swear) :D

magouster said:
I don't have the greatest PC either

AMD64 X2 4400+
DFI Lanparty Ultra-D
1GB ValueRAM
TT Big Typhoon
eVGA 7900GT KO Superclocked (580/1580)
250GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA2 HDD
Hiper Type R 580W SLi

Get real...........

Are you offended by my PC Simon? Does anyone here think I'm bragging or trying to draw attention to my "best PC is the world"?

I had my specs in my sig when I was still running a Socket A Athlon 2800+, and a GeForce 6600. It seems everyone is missing the point. I'm sorry I brought it up. Sheez. It was a suggestion, it has been unanimously voted a bad one, so let's just let the thread die slowly.

I dont really like the idea. And plus, I just got my signature privledges taken away for a month by the powers that be... Go me!

I honestly cannot think of a single computer problem that, in order to help me fix it, requires the knowledge of what is in the computer. This is not a programmers forum, where something like that might be necessary.

People here post their spec in their signature as a way to show off what they have. It's like a car and Myspace. If you have a nice car that you are pround of you are going to take pictures of it and post them on Myspace. But, if your car is a P.O.S. then you are not going to take pictures of it and show it off. Same principle applys here, if you aren't proud of your machine, than you arent going to want to tell people about it. Some peopel dont have alot of money, and some dont custom build their rig, and from the knowledge of the general populace around here, anyone would chastize anyone. People would hate on anyone with an eMachine, Dell, Gateway, and anything else that wasntt accepted around here as the correct hardware to have. It would lead to fights and flames. And plus, signatures are where we are allowed to be "Creative" and if they were taken up with crap about our computer, how could we put stuff pertaining to the ridiculous control-freak dogs that are around here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom