MacBook and "Boot Camp"question

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3n

Solid State Member
With Boot Camp and having installed Windows XP, is it possible to create a seperate partition where all your personal data is stored- which can be accessed by both Windows XP and Mac OS X? (Or in other words- is it possible for each OS to access each others or other partitions in order to share the data and space- this would save storing multiple files in each operating system being able to share for example my music library).

I know that there's a Windows program that lets you open HFS+ partitons in Windows (how well it works, I don't know because I've never used it.), but I don't know about opening NTFS partitions in Mac OS X.

I'd suggest making a FAT32 partition that is shared since these can be read in both Windows and OS X.

I'd have to use FAT32- cuz OS X doesn't support NTFS?

(P.s: Cheers for the info- that's the current configuration ive got on my current comp, that i won't to do the same on a mac)

Another question:

Could my iTunes Library (either stored on my Windows XP 'C:/' partition or on a separate shared data storage partition) be accessed and read by iTunes in OS X? Or is the iTunes library created in iTunes in Windows structured differently to that of iTunes in OS X and so is incompatible?

I have an 80GB HFS+ for MacOSX, and a 40GB NTFS for Winblows, and in OSX, the Winblows partition is mounted by default, but In Winblows, the other partition doesnt exist.

I don't know anything about iTunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom