Losing weight after Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdocsvan

Web Programmer
Basically, i've become a bit of a couch potato over christmas, like im guessing so many of you lot have. So today i weighed myself out of curiosity, and got a bit of a shock.... (won't say how much i weigh, its embarassing). This, as well as dreaming of having a heart attack has made me decide it's probably about time i start losing weight.

I've done a bit of research, and i've decided to combine regular exercise with a low carb diet for 8 weeks. This should hopefully give me enough time to get a BMI of 25 of below.

i've learnt that Aerobic exercise is what i should be doing. Apparently i should be doing about 30 mins each day for 5 days of the week.

It's a bit too cold now to be going out for a jog, so can anyone give me some pointers or activities i can do around the house to keep me fit? Preferably stuff that people DO do to keep fit, or have found to be a good way of getting fit.

Please share anything useful you know.

Thank's a lot.

Basically, i've become a bit of a couch potato over christmas, like im guessing so many of you lot have. So today i weighed myself out of curiosity, and got a bit of a shock.... (won't say how much i weigh, its embarassing). This, as well as dreaming of having a heart attack has made me decide it's probably about time i start losing weight.

I've done a bit of research, and i've decided to combine regular exercise with a low carb diet for 8 weeks. This should hopefully give me enough time to get a BMI of 25 of below.

i've learnt that Aerobic exercise is what i should be doing. Apparently i should be doing about 30 mins each day for 5 days of the week.

It's a bit too cold now to be going out for a jog, so can anyone give me some pointers or activities i can do around the house to keep me fit? Preferably stuff that people DO do to keep fit, or have found to be a good way of getting fit.

Please share anything useful you know.

Thank's a lot.

stairs man
run up and down your stairs for 30 minuts a day. youl be tanked in the leggs. from therey ou can work on upper body. aparently alot of people are getting very good results from p90x. its only abotu 100$ can be bought in store. its a 12 week program tho. but its one of those 6 pack abs in 3 month things and ive seen this work to this one isnt bs.

With lots of exercise...you can pretty much stuff your face.

Best way is to go outside and just run and run till you cant breathe....do it daily and watch the pounds shed off.

yea honestly I trained for MMA, and boxing a year ago (then I became a father, and lost time) But an easy way to shed pounds is cardio.. Find your self a punching bag, and some gloves. Just start off slow do like 5, 3 min rounds on the bag, then take a 3 min break and repeat.. Then gradually start doing more rounds.

Diets IMHO are pointless. Exercise is the key.

Oh yea, i did amateur boxing for awhile and within the first few weeks i dropped 15 pounds from hitting the bags.

diet is good purely because when you eat better you feel better in my opinion..

EDIT: i love you trotter.

diet is good purely because when you eat better you feel better in my opinion..

EDIT: i love you trotter.

oh yeah defnitly agree with you there.

try vegetarian diet if you can deal with that. i started that at September last year and i weighed like 105KG {unsure of what any of my weight is in LBS though}. and im now like 88KG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom