Looking for a new cell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a T-Mobile prepaid and change your plan to a Sidekick Plan. It's what I did and using it with an Unlocked 2G 16GB iPhone. I am loving it.... for $1.00/day you get unlimited texting and internet which works flawlessly on my iPhone :D Yes.. the internet works very well too!!!

Get a Sidekick though if you want to take advantage of all its uses.

Well.... first you need a prepaid plan... then you go online to mytmobile.com and sign in using your number and stuff.... once you do that, you can change your prepaid plan to a sidekick plan from there :D

I work for AT&T, so call me biased if you want, but we do have good coverage pretty much everywhere. All you need is a little bit of good credit, not much. Then you won't have to worry about any deposit. I got in with no credit but a few student loan payments made on time and a checking account.

It's worth a shot at least. If Sprint works where you are, then go for it. At least to start with.

I work for AT&T, so call me biased if you want,

Is AT&T back into cell phones again?

I have used T-Mobile for years. Their customer service is A++.

In my opinion,
- Alltel is about the best network out there atm. Alltel offers great coverage, phones, plans, everything, but you have to pay for it. They are one of the more costly providers. Your paying for high quality. My office uses Alltel.

T-mobile is the 2nd best provider out there. Its a real good balance of quality and price. Some of the plans are not "as good" as some of the Alltel plans, but they will likely fit what you need, and the prices are lower. Nation wide calling areas kickass. Everyone I know, friends and family and myself, all use T-mobile. We are all satisfied, and have been for years.

If you need more than 20$ a month in phone usage, get a plan. I use prepaid atm. I buy a 10$ card every 3 months and still have expired minutes.

Cricket offers unlimited calling for 30$ a month, no contracts. You might want to see if it is available in your area. The phones, network, coverage area, customer service, and everything else sux, but the price is good. 30$ unlimited minutes/text.

-edit-
If AT&T is back, I would look into that. From what I can remember, they have always offered great coverage. Every one I knew on AT&T b4 the buy out was happy with them.

i would say look into the texting bit and make sure its to other providers. verizon offers unlimited texting but its only to verizon, and you have to pay a bit extra to get unlimited texting to all carriers. if you don't get unlimited to all carriers and you have a lot of friends not on your carrier you'll have to run out and get a new pair of boxers and pants along with paying for your cell phone bill..

I <3 verizon. verizon ftmfw

Is AT&T back into cell phones again?

I have used T-Mobile for years. Their customer service is A++.

In my opinion,
- Alltel is about the best network out there atm. Alltel offers great coverage, phones, plans, everything, but you have to pay for it. They are one of the more costly providers. Your paying for high quality. My office uses Alltel.

T-mobile is the 2nd best provider out there. Its a real good balance of quality and price. Some of the plans are not "as good" as some of the Alltel plans, but they will likely fit what you need, and the prices are lower. Nation wide calling areas kickass. Everyone I know, friends and family and myself, all use T-mobile. We are all satisfied, and have been for years.

If you need more than 20$ a month in phone usage, get a plan. I use prepaid atm. I buy a 10$ card every 3 months and still have expired minutes.

Cricket offers unlimited calling for 30$ a month, no contracts. You might want to see if it is available in your area. The phones, network, coverage area, customer service, and everything else sux, but the price is good. 30$ unlimited minutes/text.

-edit-
If AT&T is back, I would look into that. From what I can remember, they have always offered great coverage. Every one I knew on AT&T b4 the buy out was happy with them.

AT&T is the new name of Cingular. So the service is a lot better than the old AT&T Wireless.

Alltel isn't even their own company anymore. Verizon bought them. On top of that, they never had the best network in the first place. They still have roaming, and a really lame coverage area. They were the 5th best company, which isn't saying much.

T-Mobile, while you may have had good luck, is also crappy with customer service, the kind of service that renews contracts for no reason, even when they say they won't. I would say they are about tied for 3rd/4th with Sprint. I'm glad you have had good experience with T-Mobile, but I know no one else who is satisfied with them. But then again, you use prepaid...it's different sections of the company. You don't have to deal with the real jerkoffs, since you aren't wired into a contract.

AT&T and Verizon are your best bets, though it's harder to get into VZW than AT&T credit wise. The plans are a little more expensive than T-Mobile and the like, but we also have the better network.

The only good thing about Alltel is the funny commercials. Good plans, but crappy coverage. And cheap plans are only good with good coverage.

Cricket is only good as a local provider. Even then it's iffy.

T-Mobile, while you may have had good luck, is also crappy with customer service, the kind of service that renews contracts for no reason, even when they say they won't. I would say they are about tied for 3rd/4th with Sprint. I'm glad you have had good experience with T-Mobile, but I know no one else who is satisfied with them. But then again, you use prepaid...it's different sections of the company. You don't have to deal with the real jerkoffs, since you aren't wired into a contract.

Yes atm, and for the last few months I only use the prepaid. I started using T-mobile 7 years ago Ive had contracts and prepaid, depending on my needs at the time. Ive always liked them.

Thank you for making your points. Now Im on the market for a new phone, and youve shown me that I need to double up my research before signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom