Looking for a new cell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be turning 18 very shorty (like 41 days lmao) and i have to get my own cell when i turn over. (dad is kicking me off of his plan) and im sick of verizon anyways...

So today i was in kmart, and seen a whole bunch of T-Mobile phones, and one thing i noticed, is you can get unlimited nights from 7pm to 7am with $1 per day access fee. but texting (which is what I will be using it for) is 10c sent and 5c recieved... but i looked on their website and seen that the sidekick plan includes unlimited texting and email with the $1 per day access fee. Would it be possible persay to buy the Samsung t429 (a $100 pay go phone) thats pretty good imo and somehow get it on the sidekick pay go plan so i can take advantage of the free texting?

unless you guys have any other ideas of any other carriers that offer free texting on a pay as you go plan (that uses a sim card so i can upgrade/change the phone)?

pay as you go sucks....in the end youll end up spending more money.

Youre gonna be 18, get a contract with sprint. Theyll ask for a $150 deposit which you get refunded after a year. The others will ask for a lot more.

I started with sprint in 2005 that way, and now im on a sero plan with unlimited everything and 500 anytime minutes for only $45 a month. I started paying about $90 a month, but after time i started getting discounts and perksd with them.

Everything on my plan is unlimited except my anytime minutes (which i dont use). Sprint has the unlimited everything plan for $99 a month which is the same as my plan, but for $50 more you get unlimited anytime minutes.

I dont use my minutes much, i mostly text so 500 works for me. But i have unlimited text, power vision, picture mail and night and weekend minutes.

contracts are cheaper than pay as you go plans....a friend of mine learned the hard way and eventually went to sprint as well.

credit cards are also necessary, you cant get by in life without credit...but thats another subject.

Pay as you go is only cheaper if you use very minute minutes/texts.

I don't think Sprint would want a deposit, Verizon didn't want one with mine when I was 18 and had no credit history.

yeah, for what i will be using it for and how i will be using it, pay as you go is the best option for me. Ive been looking around, and so far, it looks like cingular/att have the best deals for pay by day usage (unlimited texting/email and free nights) at .15c a minute.

What im thinking about doing is getting a $20 starter kit from the gas station down the street and use that for a while until i turn 18 and get my paypal and ebay set up and buy a decent phone off of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom