Learning PLCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake-Eyes

Daemon Poster
Does anyone know anything about PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers)? Specifically Allen Bradley SLC 500 controllers and RSLogix 500 software.

My dad has a friend that works with PLCs and i've become very interested in them. I'm looking for some information about them. Mostly about how to program them, using Allen Bradley's software/ladder logic.

My father and i are attempting to get our hands on an SLC 500 to mess around with, though before we do, i'd like to get as much information as possible. If i have to buy books, so be it. I do not wish to take classes, though.

All help is greatly appreciated, as always! :D

My dad is actually very good with them, but they aren't easy to learn. I know nothing about them in terms of programming or wiring them. My dad is actually building a machine for us that will have X/Y/Z Axises and will mount a router on it and will be able to cut and route wood to exact specifications he draws in AutoCAD. Basically, he will be able to draw something, and then his computer will cut it out for him (almost like a CNC machine).

Very cool

We use Versa pro at work and interface to our PLC's (GEFanuc and Omron) through a language called CIMBasic. Versa pro is for the 90-30 and versamax series PLC's. Most ladder logic is easy to do if you know electronic schems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom