Inquiry regarding apathy toward specific companies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by HAVOC
It seems to me that with that much content an individual shouldn't have to be asked why he dislikes ATI/AMD so much. If there is that much content it should be enough to explain it.

Unfortunately the why isn't really made clear.

It doesn't have to be made clear. No one has to give a detailed account of their opinions. You need to take opinions for what they are worth. If someone is willing to give a detailed account of their opinion, it shows that they are willing to communicate it in attempt for people to identify with it. This gives most people the feeling that although they may not agree, that their opinion does have some level of value.

IF they choose not to give a detailed account of their opinion, well, it should be understood as just another opinion without much value other than the persons right to have said opinion.

I don't like Intel. I think they're a monopolistic bully of a company. Though again, I don't take issue with people that like Intel CPU's. I don't just go out of my way to tell people not to buy Intel because I don't like the company. They have good CPU's now, I just won't buy them. And I'll explain that if people are curious.
But when maroon1 berates AMD/ATI in just about every post that it's mentioned, without giving a reason as to why he doesn't like them, it gets annoying. And I don't think it's only me who thinks so.

You are a different person than he is. The way he handles things might annoy you and others as well. The way you handle things might also annoy others. It's a never ending cycle of likes and dislikes. It's all a matter of how we deal with those likes and dislikes. Do we get upset when we dislike something? Or perhaps we let it slide? Some dislikes effect us more than others. The bottom line is this. He obviously doesn't care what others think about his opinions because as you say he isn't clear on the why. He has no responsibility to provide the why. If you do care about what others think about your opinions, then clearly you should continue to provide the detail that you do about them. This will ensure that your opinions have validity. You shouldn't concern yourself with the validity of others opinions. You should focus on the validity of your own. It's that simple.
Again, the issue here, is not the mere fact that maroon1 has a different opinion. I don't really care so much that he dislikes AMD/ATI, though I would like to at least know why he has that opinion. It's the fact that he adamantly berates AMD/ATI publically on these forums (which is a means to communicate ideas to others.. i.e. they will be read by other people, and that's the entire idea behind posting them) and doesn't seem to care that others don't like it.

If nothing else, I'd like to see a valid reason as to why he does that. I know he doesn't have to answer if he in fact does have a valid reason, but I just don't see why he wouldn't. It just makes me think he doesn't have a good reason.

Again, the issue here, is not the mere fact that maroon1 has a different opinion. I don't really care so much that he dislikes AMD/ATI, though I would like to at least know why he has that opinion. It's the fact that he adamantly berates AMD/ATI publically on these forums (which is a means to communicate ideas to others.. i.e. they will be read by other people, and that's the entire idea behind posting them) and doesn't seem to care that others don't like it.

You clearly understand what's going on. It seems the facts are straight. Knowing that you can't change his mind, opinion or how he communicates them, what exactly do you think should be done?

A.) Let it bother you
B.) Chalk it up to a difference of opinion
C.) Ban Him
D.) Decapitate him
E.) Disregard his posts, encourage others to do the same and provide them with plenty of details as to why your opinions are valid and his are not.

I know what I'd pick.

You clearly understand what's going on. It seems the facts are straight. Knowing that you can't change his mind, opinion or how he communicates them, what exactly do you think should be done?

A.) Let it bother you
B.) Chalk it up to a difference of opinion
C.) Ban Him
D.) Decapitate him
E.) Disregard his posts, encourage others to do the same and provide them with plenty of details as to why your opinions are valid and his are not.

I know what I'd pick.

This is why I love you man :)
(Noble Man Love... not to be confused with the "do what what?")

noble man love eh? hmmm...do what now?

admiration...I would have used admiration instead if I were to say such a thing...

hmm, lol

atomic tofu's burger:
wheat bun
boca - flame grilled
veggie cheese - smoked provalone
a1 and worcestershire
franks red hot

spread some tomato paste on the top and bottom
douse a red hot on the top and bottom
lay some veggie cheese down
put some worcesterchire
lay the boca down
then some a1

nummy

noble man love eh? hmmm...do what now?

admiration...I would have used admiration instead if I were to say such a thing...

hmm, lol

atomic tofu's burger:
wheat bun
boca - flame grilled
veggie cheese - smoked provalone
a1 and worcestershire
franks red hot

spread some tomato paste on the top and bottom
douse a red hot on the top and bottom
lay some veggie cheese down
put some worcesterchire
lay the boca down
then some a1

nummy

What is you problem with staying on topic recently? In the last week or so you seem to have gone bat guano insane.

Yea but still, it's going to far to have a joke from the dr about man on man action to the recipe for a veggie burger! yea sure OT but isn't that just a little to surreal?

I take it you are stone sober tonight, limey? ;)

The mood definitely needed lightening. We don't want or need a witch hunt. Maroon1 may have his reasons, or he may just like to play the devil's advocate... it is his prerogative.

I read Maroon's posts, and follow the links. I may not agree with him on most things, but he does bring in some interesting facts. No company's products are perfect, including Intel's, and Maroon will admit that. I can live with not knowing his own reasons.

Most of the companies I shy away from have either did me wrong, let me down, or their reputation is just too low. Intel fed consumers for years with inferior chips, simply because we accepted them. Maxtor has been known around these forums as a shot in the dark for years and even though Seagate bought them out I am still leery of them. GM makes a lot of different cars, but I have been burned once too many times by them.

I like AMD chips because I have used them for quite a while now, and they have served me well. I currently use ATI, but I have ran Nvidia before... it is nvidia's price that turns me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom