Inquiry regarding apathy toward specific companies

Status
Not open for further replies.
well apok dislikes Intel not because of their products, but from a business stance, and he's more then happy to share.

Hey now, don't forget why this thread has remained open... It has remained open for the lack of fighting, insults and flames.

Keep it that way... :)

Great posts, Havoc, and I sincerely mean that. sometimes you make way too much sense. ;)

Definitely let's not get the flamesuits out. Dsiscussion good, fighting bad. :D

Shame on you, mods and admin, for letting this thread go on like this. You enforce rules but don't follow them yourselves. You start a thread to complain about a member, but that very member could never start his/her own thread to complain about any other members. Hypocrites - all of you.
This thread wasn't created for the purpose of complaining. It was split off from another thread as an inquiry into the reasons as to why maroon1 is so against AMD/ATI.

The whole reason I'm asking is not because I have a problem with people having an opinion. I couldn't care less that many people here choose to use Intel CPU's as their personal preference.

I asked because time and time again, maroon1 has shown to consistently berate AMD/ATI in favour of Intel and Nvidia, like a personal vendetta. And on more than a few occasions, being directly opposed to me.

I am genuinely curious as to why he chooses to do so. Unfortunately, he does not seem to want to give an answer, and instead he attacked me for defending AMD/ATI.
HAVOC said:
It seems to me that with that much content an individual shouldn't have to be asked why he dislikes ATI/AMD so much. If there is that much content it should be enough to explain it.
Unfortunately the why isn't really made clear.
HAVOC said:
Besides, since when is having a specific opinion regarding a company or product against forum rules? Why is there a need to create a specific thread geared towards that member with an opinion either way about a company or product. EVERYONE has their varied opinions about anything and everything. We as humans go through life forming opinions based on our experiences. Everyones experiences are unique and different. Hence why so many opinions are unique and different. Some people are more likely to share, stress and defend their opinions. There is nothing wrong with that. It doesn't make anyone else's opinion right or wrong. Believe it or not, our opinions are normally not based on facts. They are based on emotional experiences. You can pull out hundreds of pages of statistics to back up your opinions on a company/product and it's not going to change a thing about someone else's opinion. Opinions are not based on facts. Again, they are based on emotional experiences.
I've addressed this above: having an opinion isnt the issue here. maroon1 goes out of his way to attack AMD/ATI and promote AMD/Intel, and to quite a large degree.
This thread was split off from another thread as a general inquiry as to why he does so.

I'm well aware of the fact that people are all different, and that people will disagree on a lot of things.
The main concern is how people go about working with others (or how they don't) with their opinions. Unfortunately maroon1 does not seem to want to work with anybody that is an AMD and/or ATI fan, and/or dislikes Intel and/or Nvidia.

I don't like Intel. I think they're a monopolistic bully of a company. Though again, I don't take issue with people that like Intel CPU's. I don't just go out of my way to tell people not to buy Intel because I don't like the company. They have good CPU's now, I just won't buy them. And I'll explain that if people are curious.
But when maroon1 berates AMD/ATI in just about every post that it's mentioned, without giving a reason as to why he doesn't like them, it gets annoying. And I don't think it's only me who thinks so.
HAVOC said:
Why does that bother you so much?
It's not really the fact that he has that opinion. It's the fact that he goes out of his way to express it.

Originally Posted by HAVOC
It seems to me that with that much content an individual shouldn't have to be asked why he dislikes ATI/AMD so much. If there is that much content it should be enough to explain it.

Unfortunately the why isn't really made clear.

It doesn't have to be made clear. No one has to give a detailed account of their opinions. You need to take opinions for what they are worth. If someone is willing to give a detailed account of their opinion, it shows that they are willing to communicate it in attempt for people to identify with it. This gives most people the feeling that although they may not agree, that their opinion does have some level of value.

IF they choose not to give a detailed account of their opinion, well, it should be understood as just another opinion without much value other than the persons right to have said opinion.

I don't like Intel. I think they're a monopolistic bully of a company. Though again, I don't take issue with people that like Intel CPU's. I don't just go out of my way to tell people not to buy Intel because I don't like the company. They have good CPU's now, I just won't buy them. And I'll explain that if people are curious.
But when maroon1 berates AMD/ATI in just about every post that it's mentioned, without giving a reason as to why he doesn't like them, it gets annoying. And I don't think it's only me who thinks so.

You are a different person than he is. The way he handles things might annoy you and others as well. The way you handle things might also annoy others. It's a never ending cycle of likes and dislikes. It's all a matter of how we deal with those likes and dislikes. Do we get upset when we dislike something? Or perhaps we let it slide? Some dislikes effect us more than others. The bottom line is this. He obviously doesn't care what others think about his opinions because as you say he isn't clear on the why. He has no responsibility to provide the why. If you do care about what others think about your opinions, then clearly you should continue to provide the detail that you do about them. This will ensure that your opinions have validity. You shouldn't concern yourself with the validity of others opinions. You should focus on the validity of your own. It's that simple.

I have never seen such peice of crap on tech forums ever, this is even worse than the petit arguments i start in the Audio Section (and there lame).

Who cares who likes who and who doesn't like who because of who did this and who did that...i think ya'll should just keep your thoughts to yourself and MOVE ON :eek:

Nothing better to do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom