I'm extremely indesisive(sp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beefcake said:
I believe 60" TVs are a waste of money. Until consoles can play games like Supreme Commander, C&C 3: Tiberium Wars, and other RTS games, I'll be sure to have a PC around. I also love my mods, user made content FTW! I also would like to be able to play Oblivion maxed out without my framerate dropping to crap like it does frequently on the 360. Not to mention shooters on PC > 360.

And if anyone like big TVs, then you could just play your computer on your TV. It's not brain science you know.

I would for sure get a 8800 GTS and a Wii.

Have you ever played a console game in 720p/1080i/1080p? Have you seen Gears of War in 1080i/1080p? With full 5.1 Dolby digital sound? Or watched a movie in 1080p, with full suround? I'm pretty sure you havent, becuase you are a fool if you think a 60" HDTV is a waste of money, sh1t.., prices of HDTVs have dropped 40% from last year and you still think its a waste of $$, lol, u r a fool.

As for shooters, once Halo 3 comes out, the 360 will have 2 of the hottest shooters on the market, that being Gears and Halo 3

RTS.., yeah, consoles lack on good RTS, but once Halo Wars comes out things will be different, mouse and keyboard easily compatible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNFUJFK9EDo

Ill be shooting it up at the comfort of my living room with friends drinking and having fun, while you're cooped up in your little room like a hermit with your lil pc lol.

Once you grow up and figure out how to play with the big boyz, come holla at me. Ill show you how to really game.

PC gaming industry is scared to sh1t, and you know why? Because you know and I know and everyone knows that :

360 + 60" HDTV + Digial audio system > PC

Ha, I'm sensing some tension between some folks on here.

EDIT:Just please don't turn this into a flame war. The last thing I want to happen is have this thread locked, I've got a lot of good responses so far.

Danks said:
Have you ever played a console game in 720p/1080i/1080p? Have you seen Gears of War in 1080i/1080p? With full 5.1 Dolby digital sound? Or watched a movie in 1080p, with full suround? I'm pretty sure you havent, becuase you are a fool if you think a 60" HDTV is a waste of money, sh1t.., prices of HDTVs have dropped 40% from last year and you still think its a waste of $$, lol, u r a fool.

As for shooters, once Halo 3 comes out, the 360 will have 2 of the hottest shooters on the market, that being Gears and Halo 3

RTS.., yeah, consoles lack on good RTS, but once Halo Wars comes out things will be different, mouse and keyboard easily compatible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNFUJFK9EDo

Ill be shooting it up at the comfort of my living room with friends drinking and having fun, while you're cooped up in your little room like a hermit with your lil pc lol.

Once you grow up and figure out how to play with the big boyz, come holla at me. Ill show you how to really game.

PC gaming industry is scared to sh1t, and you know why? Because you know and I know and everyone knows that :

360 + 60" HDTV + Digial audio system > PC

Halo Wars will fix that? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And yes I have played GOW on 1080i.

Beefcake said:
Halo Wars will fix that? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And yes I have played GOW on 1080i.

Have you even seen a clip of Halo Wars?

I dont think anyone can comment on it since there is none.

I won't believe anyone would even try putting Halowars on the same level as C&C3.

Not graphics, I mean user interface, the 360 officially has no support for the keyboard and mouse except for that gizmo that does do it (and that is really only a substitution instead of direct support). If anything, the halowars devs would take a look at LOTR: BFME II, and most of those controls are based off the buttons. If they gave the support for keyboard & mouse it would make it unbalanced and unfair for players who do not have the ability to do so. So kb&m support for online matches would be out.

The point is, console RTS games can not micro like a PC can. Effectively using units on multiple fronts would be such a disaster to accomplish.

EDIT: For those who do not know RTS slang, micro means micromanage

Just don't forget too, that I have a 360 on a 42" Samsung HD LCD. It's not incredibly hard to play a PC on a TV and just use a 360 controller.

If you want to have fun with friends get a Wii, or maybe go out and do something, it totally owns playing splitscreen on a shooter. Which brings me back to TheOtis.

What is this homemade projector you speak of? And yes, if the TV highest res is 720p than 1280x720 is the highest resolution (although some TVs have a weird resolution like 13xx by 7xx). You can not surpass the maximum resolution.

And sorry if I'm going off-topic, so I'm going to end this other discussion by not posting anymore of it.

Thanks for the response beefcake-

I've read alot lately about makeing homemade projectors for a quarter or so of the cost of buying a consumer one. It pretty much consists of a over heard projector and a LCD monitor. I've read alot about how to assemble it.

The only thing that would make it worth while for me, is if I could play games through it at atleast 720p, because that's what the PS3 supports,(If I do infact get it).

I've noticed everyone that has written about makeing home made projectors have used 15" LCD monitors. Which posses a bit of a problem for me wanting to play the PS3 in HD. Because from what I can tell, the highest they support is 1024x736 or so.

But to play in HD with the PS3, I'd have to have a LCD that could support 1280x720. From what I can tell, the smallest monitor that supports that is a 17".

This is a problem because, a projector only has X amount of space on it to put the LCD screen on. So if it overlaps the area that the projector projects, then the screen will get cut off.

So I guess my question is, would you, or anyone happen to know if any 15" LCD's support 1280x720?

And no worries about posting off topic, it happends. I mean, look at the question I'm asking about now, haha.

I don't know why you keep bring up your pc connecting to a big screen, [Bypassing the profanity filter is not allowed].

Back to what I've been saying.

What would you prefer to spend cash on.

Console + 60" Sony SXRD + Digital sound system

or

New PC

There is possibly another problem if you want to run 720p. 720p and 1080i are both widescreen. I'm sure you can still run it, using the regular 4:3 ratio on 1024x768 (not quite as sharp as 720p), if it's anything like the 360 which allows you to run on non TV standard resolutions via VGA cable.

Danks, if you've been paying any attention what so ever to what we've been talking about, you wouldn't have made such a comment. Did I ever ask if it's possible to connect my PC to a TV? Don't believe so.

"Console + 60" Sony SXRD + Digital sound system

or

New PC"

That's completely irrelivant to my situation, I said I'm only spending $650, not $1000+.

In regards to beefcake-

I know they're widescreen, I guess I just didnt't take that into consideration. I think if I ever did do the projection idea I'd just get a projector, they've actually gone down in price at circuit city from what i've noticed.

I'd be much better off spending $600 on a projector that's made to run wide screen as opposed to building one and it not being able to support atlesat 720, thus eliminating the whole purpose of building one ha.

Thanks for the input beefcake and everyone else, it's been much appreciated. I think i've decided to try out the PS3 for awhile. And if I don't like it, I can sell it and still get all the money back. In that case, I'd end up upgradeing to a killer rig, or whatever the top of line video card is out at the moment.

I can't wait to get a 8xxx series card finally, my 7800gt is borderline not cutting it anymore, and won't be after 6 months or so from now.

Hey all-

Just an update I guess. After thinking about it for god knows how long, I've decided to get a 8800gts and a 360 HD-dvd player.

I came to the conclusion, that I'm a PC gamer. I'm sure I'll get a wii at some point seeing as how they're only 250. I'd get much more use out of the 8800gts and having a HD-DVD player for my computer, then anything else I could buy.

I thought alot about what games I could get for the PS3 that are exclusives that I would WANT. Not that are available, but that I would buy and play. And I could only come up with 2. MGS4 and Gran turismo HD.

I'd much rather enjoy UT2007 on my computer then on a console. And with a 8800gts, I could have alot of fun with it.

I figure, if the video online for Crysis, looks THAT amazing with a 8800gtx, UT2007 has to run pretty **** good on a 8800gts.

Also, in the next 3-4 weeks, I'll be writting a guide on here on how to use the xbox 360 hd-dvd player on the PC. I've ran across plenty of sites that have talked about it, but haven't came across any comprehensive articles on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom