I'm extremely indesisive(sp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danks said:
If it's third party, and not published by Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo, you can guarantee that it will be ported to other consoles.

The era of exclusiveness is dieing. Cost of making these new games are going up. ThereÂ’s just too much money to be made porting to other consoles, especially to the Xbox 360, which has the upper hand since they got most of the market share. (360 = 10 milling, Wii = 2 million, PS3 = 1 million)

I mentioned Gears of War and Halo 3, because they're both published by Microsoft and will never jump to PS3 or Wii.

True, but I wouldn't be counting on it like it's assured. MGS4 isn't slated till Q4 2007, so it would be almost a year from the PS3's launch. I'm just saying it's very optimistic to say it will come to 360 for what we know at the moment, and it's incredibly optimistic to say "you can guarantee that it will be ported", and I'm not a follower of optimism.

The funny thing is about my 360, is that I've got GOW for christmas, and I haven't even played it for more than a couple of hours because I'm far too busy playing on my PC (and it isn't even that powerful of a computer, other than the CPU, and that just goes to show that gameplay > graphics)

Danks said:
I feel sorry for any gamer that does not own an Xbox 360.

I feel sorry for any gamer who doesn't have a gaming PC.

Beefcake said:
True, but I wouldn't be counting on it like it's assured. MGS4 isn't slated till Q4 2007, so it would be almost a year from the PS3's launch. I'm just saying it's very optimistic to say it will come to 360 for what we know at the moment, and it's incredibly optimistic to say "you can guarantee that it will be ported", and I'm not a follower of optimism.

The funny thing is about my 360, is that I've got GOW for christmas, and I haven't even played it for more than a couple of hours because I'm far too busy playing on my PC (and it isn't even that powerful of a computer, other than the CPU, and that just goes to show that gameplay > graphics)

I feel sorry for any gamer who doesn't have a gaming PC.

360 + 60" Sony SXRD + digital sound system > New PC

Think I should start a pole and see how many people agree with
me that PC upgrades are a **** waste money.

TheOtis said:

4) Intel C2D E6400
ASUS P5B-E LGA775 P965
OCZ Gold 2GB DDR2800
Zalman heatsink

I like that option the best. If you got bored of a 360 you are gonna get bored with a ps3. Because they are basically going to have the same games. Except for Halo3 and Halo Wars.

number four, cause you can now rig the wiimote to your PC and im betting they'll release a new emulator for it if they havent already

Cdub, the only problem with that is my current rig is DDR and I'd have to get DDR2 mem to run on an intel mobo. So I couldn't do that option.

I'd like to see where you heard that the wiimote willl work with a PC. It'd be pretty cool if they came out with emulation software for wii THIS early.

The only thing that really is straining me away from doing the computer upgrade is how spendy it is, and how long it'll last. plus i'd still have to get a DX10 card.

That's why the 8800gts/wii thing sounds like a good idea to me. Then I can have a sweet gameing rig to play FPS on, and a wii that'll have alot of games as well.

I guess I could always get a PS3, see how much i like it, and turn around and sell it for what i paid for it and the games if i'm not satisfied.

I couldn't say the same for my computer, i'd be getting a good amount less out of it.

Danks said:
360 + 60" Sony SXRD + digital sound system > New PC

Think I should start a pole and see how many people agree with
me that PC upgrades are a **** waste money.

I believe 60" TVs are a waste of money. Until consoles can play games like Supreme Commander, C&C 3: Tiberium Wars, and other RTS games, I'll be sure to have a PC around. I also love my mods, user made content FTW! I also would like to be able to play Oblivion maxed out without my framerate dropping to crap like it does frequently on the 360. Not to mention shooters on PC > 360.

And if anyone like big TVs, then you could just play your computer on your TV. It's not brain science you know.

I would for sure get a 8800 GTS and a Wii.

In response to beefcake-

I have a 32" LG LCD HDTV that supports 720p. Not that high of a resolution. Is it even possible to set my resolution higher then 1280x720? If I remember correctly I couldn't with need for speed carbon.

Also, depending on the response I get about that, I'm going to be making a home made projector. I can only use a 15" screen because, any wider, and it would go off the overhead. And the 15" I've seen are all up to 1024x768 i believe. Would playing computer games, a PS3, or anything higher then 480p for that matter, on it make the resolutions stay that low? Or would it be possible for the games to play at higher resolutions? I love the idea of playing games on a 6 foot screen, but not at low resolutions.

EDIT: I apologize if any of this doesn't make any sense, it's late and I'm tired ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom