If Operating Systems Ran The Airlines.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snake-Eyes said:
The phrase is "I could not care less" because it is implying that no matter how hard you try, there is no way you could care any less about the subject than you already do.

Thanks for clearing that up ... That's exactly what I said. The only thing you did different is use "could not" instead of "couldn't" which is what I used.

Snake-Eyes said:
About Linux and games; the fact of the matter is that people are so used to Windows (pop in the game CD, press "Install" and wait) that when you can't do that in Linux, and you have to get a separate component (ie. WINE), they either don't know about the separate part, or they don't want to deal with it because they are so used to being spoonfed via Windows and autorun.exe

Yes, that is how it is done with WINDOWS games. Are you forgetting that Linux has it's own API too?? Doom 3, Quake 3 and 4, UT2k4 ... Linux games, for Linux. Not Windows games running in Linux.

The phrase is "I could not care less" because it is implying that no matter how hard you try, there is no way you could care any less about the subject than you already do.

|
V

Thanks for clearing that up ... That's exactly what I said. The only thing you did different is use "could not" instead of "couldn't" which is what I used.
OWNED.

My mistake for misreading. I thought you were saying the phrase was "I could care less."

Yes, that is how it is done with WINDOWS games. Are you forgetting that Linux has it's own API too?? Doom 3, Quake 3 and 4, UT2k4 ... Linux games, for Linux. Not Windows games running in Linux.

I am well aware Linux has it's own API. I've known, though in layman's terms, since i bought UT2k4 ages ago. That's the thing, though. Those games were MADE FOR Linux. The games NOT made for Linux do not do that, hence the hassle people are faced with.

Solution: Port it to Linux, or wrap it in some sort of OpenGL/winelib thing that seems native, like what Google does for their software.

ID software has a linux version of every single game they have ever made, and a Mac one too. They make computer games, not Windows games. When their game boxes say "PC CD-ROM" they actually mean it, it runs on PCs whether they are running Linux, BSD, UNIX, Windows, whatever.

That's why I love ID software.

As an example of their operating system policy:
* Complete product title (include version number)
* Exact error message reported (if any) and a brief description of the problem
* Your computer's processor type and speed
(e.g., Pentium® 4 1.5 GHz or
Athlon™ XP 1500+ processor)
* Amount of RAM
* Make and model of your video and sound cards
(e.g., ATI Radeon 9800 or
all Nvidia GeForce FX series)
* Make and model of your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
(e.g., Samsung SC-140)
* Operating System

It does not say which... :)

Linux Air:

They give you your seat, a wrench and some bolts and tell you that when you get it set up you will have a comfortable ride. Then when you get on your Linux plane, you find out the seat you got doesn't work with that particular Linux plane, so you almost miss your plane running all over the airport to find a comparable seat that happens to work in your particular Linux plane. Then when you finally get it set up and get comfortable the stewardess tells you that you will be able to do everything you could possibly want to do on your plane, but the more things you try, the more things you find that don't work. But the comforts of the plane that are in working order are pretty sweet. Next time you decide to just ride Windows XP Air, because it's easier and everything works.

Again: the ignorance is astounding in this thread, and nowhere is it more prevalent than here.

The reason the "seats" don't work in the Linux Air "planes" is because XP Air is made of Nazis who have brainwashed the public. The public thinks they need a certain kind of "seats", making the right-of-choice harder for those who don't - therefore, since Linux Air can't afford to build their own "seats" they must use some that may or may not work with the Linux Air "planes".

Now, if the "seat" manufacturers were a little more open to the wants and needs of others, and weren't obsessed with money (like IBM "seats" or Novell "seats"), or even if the plane manufacturers would make a uniform "seat platform", then "bolting" your "seat" in would be relatively easy.

But it's not, because people like you don't know how to use "wrenches".

(I could not resist.) :)

Linux Air:

You get to the terminal, where an extremely nice stewardess asks you what plane you want to ride. Picking the nice looking one, You are happy with your choice. Once on the plane you notice that everyone seems to know everyone else. Easily joining the community, you notice people are helping each other. Everyone is then asked to build your seat. For some building the seat is easy for other the opposite. For those who can not build their own seat there is an easy plugin you can pick up from the back of the plane. On take off the plane is flawless, the pilot decides to race the Windows XP Plane. The Linux plane is much faster and quickly takes the lead. Suddenly terrorists appear on the Windows plane. They snuck into the cabin from cargo through a door labeled BACKDOOR. On the Linux plane there is no problem, the terrorists could not even get through the terminal. Some how the Windows XP plane is able to land, but with a different pilot. Later, The linux and the Windows air passengers meet in a large bar called the Web. The Linux users and the Windows users then share ideas on how to make each others plains better. Casting aside their fun, but sometimes stupid, race; they decide that working together is much more fun.

Awwwww...

macdude425 said:
Again: the ignorance is astounding in this thread, and nowhere is it more prevalent than here.

The reason the "seats" don't work...

You lost me at "seats."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom