If Operating Systems Ran The Airlines.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hate all these windows xp analogies about it crashing all the time and having other bulls**t to deal with. i've never had my copy of XP crash nor have i ever had to deal with security issues or anything similar.

molsen said:
i hate all these windows xp analogies about it crashing all the time and having other bulls**t to deal with. i've never had my copy of XP crash nor have i ever had to deal with security issues or anything similar.

Agreed. XP is silky smooth. The windows crashing thing is cliche definitely.

They do? Do you know how Wine works? LOL

Wine isn't a program...

Even then, most programs run natively, without wine. 99.999% of programs people use in Linux don't use wine...

The General said:
The term is "I couldn't care less" not "I could care less"

The phrase is "I could not care less" because it is implying that no matter how hard you try, there is no way you could care any less about the subject than you already do.

About Linux and games; the fact of the matter is that people are so used to Windows (pop in the game CD, press "Install" and wait) that when you can't do that in Linux, and you have to get a separate component (ie. WINE), they either don't know about the separate part, or they don't want to deal with it because they are so used to being spoonfed via Windows and autorun.exe

Both can be used. One implies "you're lucky..it could be worse" the other means "it is not possible to care less"

Both phrases are easily accepted by society, over-analyzation thereof is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom